Who should attend
- Practising copywriters with a focus on B2B
- Marketing and communication professionals with experience of writing copy, who want more exposure to creative challenge and the chance to move to another level
- Marketers who have already taken one or more of our intermediate copywriting courses
About the course
Achieving real cut-through with B2B copy can often seem daunting, which is why inspiration and practice is so important. In this interactive two-day programme, run by a highly experienced copywriter and former creative director, you will be challenged to work collaboratively with others and respond to a creative brief.
Specifically, you will be tasked to develop a B2B copy strategy for a cutting-edge technological solution. Generating initial concepts, you’ll sell them to the wider group and then work to create a range of deliverables for different stages of the purchase process.
The course will provide an opportunity for you to write short from copy for ads and social media posts, as well as longer pieces of copy including thought leadership pieces, blogs and sales collateral. You’ll then benefit from discussion and constructive commentary, helping you to perfect the work you do and equipping you with a range of new skills you can take back into your business environment.
- Enhance your ability to analyse and interpret a B2B creative brief
- Recognise insights that can inform your copywriting
- Work collaboratively to produce concepts which meet the brief
- Find out how to create an effective B2B campaign tagline
- Practise different techniques to stimulate creativity
- Gain confidence in translating ideas for a range of channels
- Distinguish between concepts/executions that are weaker/stronger
- Explore how to present your creative ideas effectively
- ...And how to respond to constructive commentary
- Practise writing to a deadline
- Develop your craft to ensure your copy is as effective as it can possibly be
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.