Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Ideal candidates include:
- Air transportation industry managers
- Future managers whose functions involves responsibilities in the area of aviation security.
About the course
Secure your future in an industry that’s taking off
Aviation security has become a top priority for the 191 member States of the International Civil Aviation Organization. Aviation security is a global responsibility. It is now international and it requires the participation of all stakeholders.
Aviation security needs management personnel with the skills to work in multi-cultural teams and environments. The Aviation Security (AVSEC) Professional Management Certificate (PMC) is the first and only one of its kind in the world. This certificate was created in partnership with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a specialized agency of the United Nations.
AVSEC-PMC is aligned to ICAO’s strategic objectives and contributes to the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals (NGAP) initiative.
Your ticket to new opportunities
- AVSEC is designed to provide you with specialized training focused on the evolving and critical area of aviation security.
- You’ll receive the AVSEC Professional Manager designation by Concordia and ICAO - an industry-first certificate signaling your unique qualifications.
- Gain exclusive access to the AVSEC Professional Network – a collective of connected graduates and the source for practical and current industry learning material.
- Delivered on-line (10 weeks) and in-class (2 weeks), the AVSEC Professional Management Certificate offers an intensive but flexible course load.
The AVSEC-PM is a 12 week program (2 weeks on site and 10 weeks online).The curriculum of this course is comprised of 70% security and 30% management. The main objective of the AVSEC-PMC is to promote the use of management principles and best practices relevant to the field of AVSEC by applying training strategies including e-learning.
This program is compatible with a full-time job, but it requires an average of 15 to 20 hours per week of work. This includes:
- Online supervised learning and readings (10 weeks)
- Classroom learning on week one and week twelve
- Individual work and teamwork through a web-based communication platform
The certificate participants will be provided with guidelines for a common understanding of ICAO's Annex 17 Standards and Recommended Practices and the Security Manual.
- Module 1: Global Environment –during first face-to-face session
- Module 2: Terrorism - during first face to face session
- Module 3: Understanding Annex 17 and the Security Manual
- Module 4: Establishing the Legal Framework
- Module 5: Establishing Coordinating Infrastructure
- Module 6: Financial Management
- Module 7: Development of Specific Measures to Comply with Annex 17
- Module 8: Including Security Measures in the Design of Infrastructures and Processes
- Module 9: Project Management
- Module 10: Technology and Equipment
- Module 11: Quality Control
- Module 12: Human Resources Management
- Module 13: Management of Response to Major Security Emergencies
- Module 14: International Cooperation - during second face-to-face session
- Module 15: Other Issues and Related Aspects during second face-to-face session
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.