Authentic Leadership Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
The volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment presents unique challenges for organisations that want to ensure longevity. Today, the preeminent factor in ensuring long-term business survival is Leadership: Decisive, Accountable and Strategic Leadership. People with the ability to create and sustain engaging business climates for harnessing the thoughts and ideas of others, to navigate the demanding and erratic business environments in the short and long term.
Authentic Leadership Programme is a proven and practical approach for developing skills to improve organizational climate and sustainably drive breakthrough performance. As people go higher in organisations and take on more responsibilities their dependence on others to achieve increases exponentially. They come under more pressure in their work relationships as they need to make more complex decisions. They may have the technical and analytical skills required, but it is the skills for harnessing the thoughts and ideas of people and building effective relationships that challenge them. This is where leadership comes in.
This programme is not about describing what it takes to be a great leader but about the crucial, practical, unique steps each participant should take to get there. Each participant is given their own specific steps to actualize their own unique leadership style in a 24-week support programme that presents unique leadership pathways to the different individuals on the programme according to their needs. It provides participants with the mindset and a skill-set to continue to strengthen their leadership backbone to ensure that it is kept firm, to avoid drooping as they grow in their career.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this programme, participants will
- Learn and understand leadership behaviours that eventually become effective habits as well as skills that set them apart from people who can only describe such behaviour and skills
- Become people who are able to influence others and inspire them to release discretionary effort and support them to become the best they can be and performing at their utmost.
- Understand their own behaviour better as well as their underlying predisposition and how to moderate their own behaviours in order to be effective with other people – their managers, their peers, people who report to them, customers and clients as well as other internal and external stakeholders
- Be aware of how their behaviours contribute to shaping their work climate and how this affects their own, as well as other people's effectiveness and how to drive up the quality of engagement in their team.
- Phase I - 1 month (pre-program distance learning; case study, Online discussion and Diagnostics)
- Phase II - 3 days on campus
- Phase III – Up to 5 months (post-program distance learning and feedback) Essentially via periodic webinars.
Who should attend
Middle-level managers, senior managers and executive leaders in both public, private and Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs)