Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Professionals working in an asset management company e.g. fund and portfolio managers, buy and sell side analysts, compliance, legal and risk officers, fund sales and institutional mandate sales, managers, economists and product managers
- Private bankers at the front office level, i.e. working with private clients and/or managing private portfolios
- Senior executives and non-executive board members of parent companies of asset management companies
- Family offices
- Investment consultants and consulting actuaries
- Audit firms
- Institutional actors e.g. corporate, public and sector pension funds, insurance companies, universities, foundations, etc.
- Financial journalists
- Law firms specialising in asset management related affairs
- Professionals working for the controlling authorities (e.g. FSMA, NBB)
About the course
This 2-day workshop provides a deep dive into the increasingly important domain of sustainable investments. We will make sense of the crucial importance in today’s economic system and provide an overview of the ESG (Environmental/Social/Governance) domain and the Green EU ambitions. Furthermore, we will zoom in on climate risks and the investment process from the angle of the asset manager, as well as the institutional investor. These insights are delivered through contributions from academia and business experts from our network.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
By participating in this programme, you will:
- Gain deeper insight into the drivers of sustainable investments;
- Appreciate the impact of the EU Green Deal and green bonds;
- Study sustainable investments both from the perspective of the asset manager and the institutional investor;
- Discuss impact investing and its potential;
- Discuss the risks associated to climate change.
The workshop consists of 2 days structured around the most important types of institutional investors
Day 1 – ESG & the European Green Agenda
- Setting the scene on ESG: history & definitions?
- ESG Reporting
- The European Green Agenda
- Green fixed income
Day 2 – Climate Risks & Investment Process
- Climate risks
- Impact investing
- Investment process
- Asset management side
- Institutional investor side
Philippe is an expert in strategic management and in making M&A work. Professor Haspeslagh is Professor and Honorary Dean at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the school he was the Paul Desmarais Chaired Professor of Active Ownership at INSEAD and Founding Director of its International ...
David Veredas is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. For more than 20 years he has developed teaching and research expertise in financial markets and insurance (in particular in financial risks and vast dimensional and complex financial systems). His knowledge ranges from regulation of the...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.