Who should attend
- Professionals working in an asset management company e.g. fund and portfolio managers, buy and sell side analysts, compliance, legal and risk officers, fund sales and institutional mandate sales, managers, economists and product managers
- Private bankers at the front office level, i.e. working with private clients and/or managing private portfolios
- Senior executives and non-executive board members of parent companies of asset management companies
- Family offices
- Investment consultants and consulting actuaries
- Audit firms
- Institutional actors e.g. corporate, public and sector pension funds, insurance companies, universities, foundations, etc.
- Financial journalists
- Law firms specialising in asset management related affairs
- Professionals working for the controlling authorities (e.g. FSMA, NBB)
About the course
This 2-day workshop provides an overview of the main institutional investors that asset managers interact with: Insurance companies, pension funds, family offices & private banks. Through the workshop, participants will learn about how these investors operate, what their challenges and objectives are and how they look at asset managers. These insights are delivered through contributions from academia and business experts from our partner institutions.
By participating in this programme, you will:
- Gain deeper insight into the investment decisions of insurers, pension funds, private banks and family offices
- Look at asset management though the lense of institutional investors;
- Learn the Solvency II framework and its impact on insurance investment decisions;
- Strengthen your understanding of the activities of different types of investors and their challenges and restrictions
The workshop consists of 2 days structured around the most important types of institutional investors
Day 1 – Insurance & Family Offices
- Insurance: what is it and why is it important?
- Insurance: value chain & KPIs
- Solvency II: General framework & impact on insurers
- Asset management from an insurance perspective
- Insurance asset management in practice: BR21 & BR23
- Implementing SRI for insurers
- Family offices: what they are and how they invest
Day 2 – Private Banks & Pension Funds
- Introduction to private banking & private banking services
- Setting investment objectives at a private bank & investment constraints
- Private banking portfolio management
- Importance of pension funds in financial markets
- The three pension pillars
- The changing regulatory landscape and its impact on pension funds
- Portfolio management practices for pension funds
- Sustainable and responsible investing (SRI)/ESG
Philippe is an expert in strategic management and in making M&A work. Professor Haspeslagh is Professor and Honorary Dean at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the school he was the Paul Desmarais Chaired Professor of Active Ownership at INSEAD and Founding Director of its International ...
David Veredas is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. For more than 20 years he has developed teaching and research expertise in financial markets and insurance (in particular in financial risks and vast dimensional and complex financial systems). His knowledge ranges from regulation of the...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.