Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Professionals working in an asset management company e.g. fund and portfolio managers, buy and sell side analysts, compliance, legal and risk officers, fund sales and institutional mandate sales, managers, economists and product managers
- Business leaders within asset management responsible for strategy development, innovation & digital transformation
- Private bankers at the front office level, i.e. working with private clients and/or managing private portfolios
- Senior executives and non-executive board members of parent companies of asset management companies
About the course
Take a deep-dive into the digital shift that is taking place within asset management and the crucial role of data analytics in this transformation In this workshop we study the impact of the most important digital developments within the investment world: artificial intelligence, open innovation, blockchain & crypto-currencies and high performance computing. Furthermore we examine what’s happing in the fintech landscape and focus specifically on the importance of data analytics through the techniques of forecasting & nowcasting.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
Digital transformation is changing the world of financial services as we know it, asset management included. These changes bring competitive benefits to those embracing it and exploiting its full potential.
By participating in this programme, you will:
- Gain insights on how machine learning and artificial intelligence could benefit the asset management business through current use cases and potential future use;
- Learn from digital strategies and approaches in other sectors or domains within financial services;
- Explore the fundamental concepts behind Machine Learning (ML) like Supervised Learning as well as Deep Learning (DL) like Deep Neural Networks (DNNs);
- Get insights into new types of cutting-edge High-Performance Computing (HPC) techniques like parallel programming or distributed computing;
- Investigate the landscape of fintech startups and scale-ups and discover the new solutions and benefits they are developing within asset management;
- Learn the essence about Blockchain/distributed ledger technology (DLT), token economics and their impact on securitisation & standards, asset value and risk management;
- Judge the importance of data analytics through applying models and concepts of forecasting & nowcasting.
The workshop consists of 2 days structured around the following topics:
Day 1 - Digitisation in Asset Management
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning systems
- Fundamental concepts behind machine learning: supervised learning & deep learning (e.g. Deep Neural Networks)
- Introduction to high performance computing (e.g. parallel programming, distributed computing)
- Identifying areas where AI/machine learning & high performance computing can generate added value
- Open innovation in asset management
- Digital strategy in financial services
Day 2 – Fintech, Blockchain & Data Analytics
- Exploring the fintech landscape in asset management and the new features, value propositions they are developing;
- Introduction to Blockchain/DLT (distributed ledger technology) and token economics;
- Impact of DLT on securitisation, asset valuation and risk management;
- Data analytics within asset management: practical applications of forecasting & nowcasting techniques.
Steve delivers actionable insight that allows firms to maximise the value of and for customers, offline and online.Steve obtained his Master’s degree and PhD in Business Engineering at Solvay Management School, Belgium, and was an ICM Doctoral Fellow and a Visiting PhD Student at the Owen Graduat...
David Veredas is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. For more than 20 years he has developed teaching and research expertise in financial markets and insurance (in particular in financial risks and vast dimensional and complex financial systems). His knowledge ranges from regulation of the...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.