Assertiveness Skills Essentials
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
Dealing with criticisms and objections from customers/colleagues requires specific communication skills. This workshop enables you to acquire these skills to assert appropriately and confidently at work.
Benefits to You
- disagree with others without getting aggressive
- deal with criticisms
- manage objections
- handle upset customers
- diffuse anger
- apologise appropriately
- say no without offending others
- listen actively
- What is Assertiveness?
- What it means to be assertive
- Why people tend to be passive
- Patterns in Behaviour
- Body language in assertiveness
- Cultural differences and their impact on assertiveness
- Active Listening Skills
- Why we need to listen actively ?
- Listening actively
- Managing Conflict
- Working towards a win-win approach
- Learning to be Assertive
- Knowing what you want
- Setting limits
- Respecting the rights of others
- Knowing when to let go
- Skills in being Assertively
- Types of assertiveness techniques and when to use them
- Skills practice using work-related situations
An interactive course that involves group work, individual and group exercises, video discussions, case studies and role play based on work-related situations.
Who should attend
- (Level 1) Admin & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers