Who should attend
- (Level 1) Admin & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
About the course
Dealing with criticisms and objections from customers/colleagues requires specific communication skills. This workshop enables you to acquire these skills to assert appropriately and confidently at work.
Benefits to You
- disagree with others without getting aggressive
- deal with criticisms
- manage objections
- handle upset customers
- diffuse anger
- apologise appropriately
- say no without offending others
- listen actively
- What is Assertiveness?
- What it means to be assertive
- Why people tend to be passive
- Patterns in Behaviour
- Body language in assertiveness
- Cultural differences and their impact on assertiveness
- Active Listening Skills
- Why we need to listen actively ?
- Listening actively
- Managing Conflict
- Working towards a win-win approach
- Learning to be Assertive
- Knowing what you want
- Setting limits
- Respecting the rights of others
- Knowing when to let go
- Skills in being Assertively
- Types of assertiveness techniques and when to use them
- Skills practice using work-related situations
An interactive course that involves group work, individual and group exercises, video discussions, case studies and role play based on work-related situations.
Gaik Lim is a highly experienced and highly-rated trainer with over 20 years of professional and personal experience. She enjoys training and brings to her programmes interesting experiences gained from her work with corporations in the private and public sectors. Given her vast experiences, she...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.