Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Ideal candidates would typically include members of senior management from financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies, financial regulatory agencies, asset managers, asset owners, central banks and sovereign wealth funds.
About the course
Developing Asia's Extraordinary Leaders
Acquire new perspectives on financial leadership and innovation through the lens of global leaders, policymakers and renowned academics. Through thought leadership, experiential learning and inspirational exposure, the Asia Leaders in Financial Institutions (ALFI) programme provides a unique learning experience for financial leaders to succeed in an age of disruption and transformation.
The programme begins in Singapore with several days of intensive learning through discussions, lectures, case studies, simulations, role-playing and exercises on financial leadership. These will be interspersed with dialogue sessions with senior public and industry leaders, including site visits to financial institutions in global cities for experiential learning and networking. In addition, you will be expected to work in small teams on personalised and structured projects.
- Asian economies – demographic challenges and opportunities
- Geopolitics and supply chains
- Central banking and policies
Executive leadership training
- Transformational leadership
- Purpose-driven leadership
- Growth mindset
- Agile leadership
- Leadership in the digital age
Technology in financial services
- Harnessing the power of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Fintech – challenges and opportunities
- Techfins and emerging ecosystems
- Digital transformation and cyber security
Global Asia markets
- Country strategies for growth
- Consumer behaviour in financial markets
- Retirement finance and the ageing population
- Financial Inclusion – doing well by doing good
- Insurance and wealth management opportunities
Corporate governance, risk management and compliance
- Corporate governance and sustainability for growth
- Managing across diverse and changing regulatory regimes
- Principles of legal ethics in a global financial environment
- Managing risk: Developing a strong risk culture
- Preparing for the next financial crisis
- Deepen your understanding of the financial and business landscape in Asia, framed by the dynamics of the global environment
- Engage with speakers who range from CEOs of top financial institutions to central bank governors
- Become part of a high-level network of global financial leaders and enjoy NUS Business School Executive Education alumni status recognition.
KPMG Professor of Management Studies PhD (University of Southampton) Research interests Leadership effectiveness, trust building, maintenance and repair, organisational justice, executive pay and bonuses, behavioural economics and decision-making, behavioural ethics, creativity and innovation,...
Education PhD, Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MPhil, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, England BA, Trinity College, University of Toronto Positions Held At Haas since 1986 2009 – present, Bernard T. Rocca, Jr. Chair in International Business & Trade, Haas School of ...
Education Qualifications Ph.D., The University of Michigan, USA, 1993 MBA, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1989 BBA (Honours, First Class), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1982 Research Interest Interfirm Collaboration And Competition Strategy In Rapidly Changing Envi...
Sumit Agarwal is Professor of Finance at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University. Previously, he was the Vice-Dean of Research and the Low Tuck Kwong Professor at the School of Business and a Professor in the departments of Economics, Finance and Real Estate at the National Univ...
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY August 2012 – Present Professor (Practice), Department of Strategy and Policy, National University of Singapore Business School Courses Taught (all at MBA level) Macroeconomics and the Global Economy Macroeconomics and Finance: Perspectives from Asia Macroeconomics and Fi...
Education Qualifications PhD, Finance, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, Chicago, III, 1984 MBA, Finance, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, Chicago, III, 1981 B.A (Hon), Economics and Mathematics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, 1979 R...
Jai Arya is a member of the Board of the UK based research consultancy, the Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF). He is also Adviser to the Dean, NUS Business School, Singapore, as well as their Head of Executive Education. In addition Mr. Arya is also an independent directo...
Navtej S. Nandra was formerly the President of E*TRADE Financial Corporation. He currently serves on the boards of directors at the Centre of Governance, Institutions and Organisations (CGIO), NUS Business School, and Edelweiss Financial Services. Prior to E*TRADE, he was Head of International fo...
Anthony Neoh is Dean's Visiting Professor at NUS Business School and a senior member of the Hong Kong Bar, active in civil appellate, international litigation and arbitration cases. He was a civil servant in the Hong Kong Government from 1966 to 1979. In 1979, he commenced private legal practice ...
Dr. Duvvuri Subbarao is currently a Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the NUS Business School and the Institute of South Asian Studies and a Special Visitor under the MAS Eminent Visitor Programme. Dr. Subbarao served as Governor of the Reserve Bank of India for five years (2008-2013) finishing ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.