Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is recommended for participants who have a minimum 15 years prior leadership experience and may also include:
- Organizational levels that are one to two levels below C-suite
- Executives with a consistent track record of career growth through promotions
- Current successor candidate to C-suite executives
- Women business entrepreneurs with sustained business growth and success
About the course
This unique and experiential program is designed for senior-level women executives who aspire to the C-suite.
The program combines the world's leading business thinkers from Michigan Ross School of Business with leading business practitioners for an unprecedented educational experience.
"Ascending to the C-Suite: From Theory to Practice" immerses you in specialized subjects whose mastery is critical for C-suite executives yet often represent gaps in professional development for women leaders. Each topic is taught with a 360-degree view by pairing renowned Michigan Ross faculty with global business leaders.
Participants will dive deep into key business topics and leadership practices while hearing unfiltered insight and first-hand stories from executive role models. Participants will share a similar breadth and depth of experience in a learning environment that will foster strategic connections and relationships beyond the classroom.
Topics that will be covered in depth include advanced business and financial acumen, persuasion and influence, crisis communication, strategic innovation, and building and leveraging networks. Top faculty from Michigan Ross are joined by business leaders whose experience in these subjects is extraordinary - especially when the stakes are high.
About Michigan Ross
Top 10 global provider - 2018 Financial Times
Michigan Ross Executive Education was recently named a Top 5 global provider by the Financial Times, and our leadership programs have been consistently rated No. 1 by Leadership Excellence. We offer approximately 30 different open enrollment offerings and a variety of custom programs annually, serving over 4,000 business executives around the world. Ross has locations in Hong Kong, Mumbai, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand and delivers programs globally wherever our corporate partners request.
Founded in 1962, Inforum is the only professional organization in Michigan - and one of a few in the country - that combines strategic connections, proven professional development programs, a respected forum for new ideas, and original research to accelerate careers for women and boost talent initiatives for companies. Inforum programs serve a broad range of women in different stages and types of careers - from nonprofit professionals, to emerging and rising corporate leaders, tech entrepreneurs, veterans and corporate board leaders. Inforum also conducts and publishes original research on women's leadership influence.
2019 Michigan Ross Faculty
- Scott DeRue, Edward J. Frey Dean of Business, Stephen M. Ross Professor of Business
- Cheri Alexander, Chief Innovation Officer, Faculty Management and Organizations
- Susan Ashford, Michael & Susan Jandernoa Professor of Management & Organizations and Chair of Management & Organizations
- Paula Caproni, Professor of Management and Organization
- Gautam Kaul, Professor of Finance & Fred M. Taylor Professor of Business Administration
- Maxim Sytch, Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellow, Associate Professor of Management and Organizations
2019 Executive Speakers
- Terry Barclay, President & CEO, Inforum
- Shari Burgess, Vice President & Treasurer, Lear Corporation
- Teresa Carroll, Executive Vice President, Kelly Services
- Marcy Klevorn, Executive Vice President & President, Mobility, Ford Motor Company
- Heather Rivard, Senior Vice President, Distribution Operations, DTE Energy
- Maximiliane Straub, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Controlling, Finance and Administration, Robert Bosch LLC
- Learn how to pair strategy and finance with business acumen to garner momentum as you ascend to the C-suite.
- Understand how successful leaders at the top echelons of their companies effectively utilize crisis management/communication to redirect potentially adverse or harmful situations.
- Sharpen your ability to transform challenges into opportunities as you develop a personalized approach for establishing your negotiation leadership skills.
- Strengthen your capabilities as an executive global leader as you gain real-world perspective from global industry leaders.
- Return to your current role armed with an action plan that provides you with the strategic direction needed to successfully climb to the next leadership level in your organization
- Create a personal leadership plan and legacy statement to drive your future
- Gain a deeper understanding of business acumen including strategy and finance
- Further develop skills in persuasion and influence, crisis management/communication, and negotiations
- Gain appreciation for competencies required for success in global leadership
- Capitalize and more deeply understand your network and how to further expand your professional relationships
- Be inspired by leading role models who have ascended to the C-suite through your participation in a combination of lectures, interactive sessions, and leadership exercises that seamlessly blend academic and practical learning.
Research Paula J. Caproni is on the faculty of the Management and Organizations Department at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. Professor Caproni received her MBA from the University of Massachusetts and her Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Yale University. ...
Research Scott DeRue is the Edward J. Frey Dean of the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. He is also the Stephen M. Ross Professor of Business. DeRue joined Michigan Ross in 2007, taking on multiple leadership roles across the school over time. Prior to his deans...
Maxim Sytch is an Associate Professor at the Department of Management & Organizations, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. Previously, he was a lecturer in the Department of Management & Organizations, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. His rese...
Research Cheri Alexander is the Executive Director of Corporate Learning at the University of Michigan Ross School of Business Executive Education Department. She also teaches Leadership and Managing Human Capital in the Bachelors and Masters of Business Administration Programs. In addition, s...
Research Gautam Kaul is the Fred M. Taylor Professor of Business Administration and Professor of Finance at the Ross School of Business (RSB), University of Michigan. Gautam graduated from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, in 1985 with a Ph.D. in Finance. Gautam has publi...
Research Susan Ashford''s current research interests include leadership and managerial effectiveness, issue selling, self-management and organizational change. She has studied this work in the context of interpersonal relations, organizational change, and employee socialization, Dr. Ashford teach...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.