Who should attend
- Senior leaders including C-suite executives overseeing the integration of AI into their organization's business strategy
- Senior managers and executives involved with managing teams and AI-driven projects
- Functional Business Heads interested in exploring AI opportunities across business functions
- Mid-career professionals looking to bolster their career opportunities through new technologies
- Data Scientists and Analysts involved in research for business intelligence or data analytics where AI may be useful
- Professionals eager to upskill and advance in their career with the recent advancement in applications of AI in business
About the course
In 2016, the global Artificial Intelligence (AI) market grew to $1.4 billion, and by 2025, the global AI market is expected to expand to almost $60 billion, according to TechJury. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the personal and professional lives of people across the world. AI refers to the development of computer systems that can perform tasks usually requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, and even decision making. These technologies can be applied to a number of undertakings to benefit organizations seeking to improve outcomes and productivity. To compete in this new tech-driven economy, you must understand how game-changing technologies such as AI can benefit the different business functions in your organization.
- Learn AI’s current capabilities and applications—and its future potential
- Learn how to organize and manage successful AI application projects
- Grasp the technical aspects of AI well enough to communicate effectively with technical teams and colleagues
- Learn how to avoid pitfalls associated with these new technologies
- Build your leadership credibility by obtaining a Certificate of Completion from UC Berkeley Executive Education
The Artificial Intelligence program curriculum covers the following topics:
- TOPIC 1 | Introduction – AI and Business
- TOPIC 2 | Machine Learning Basics
- TOPIC 3 | Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- TOPIC 4 | Key Applications: Computer Vision & Natural Language Processing
- TOPIC 5 | Robotics
- TOPIC 6 | AI Strategy
- TOPIC 7 | AI and Organizations: Building Your AI Team
- TOPIC 8 | The Future of AI in Business
- TOPIC 9 | Capstone Business Challenge Project
YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY
You can expect a hands-on approach that builds a bridge between the engineering and technical aspects of AI with the business applications. Leading faculty from both disciplines teach in the program, bringing their diverse experiences to the topic of AI. The program includes live and recorded lectures, case studies, assignments, applied learning opportunities, and interactive discussion groups. The program includes four live teaching sessions, real-world examples, and a capstone project.
This program requires no engineering or technical experience. As the program progresses, you will learn the basics of AI technologies and how they can be applied to your organization. It's not about becoming a technical expert, but rather having a foundational understanding of AI and how it can be positioned to improve efficiency and effectiveness across your organization.
Education PhD, Management (Marketing), INSEAD, France PhD, Computer Science, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary MSc, Mathematics, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary Positions Held At Haas since 2008 2008 – present, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Haas School of Business External Se...
Education PhD, Organizational Behavior/Sociology, Harvard University AM, Sociology, Harvard University MBA, Harvard Business School AB, Economics, magna cum laude, Harvard College Positions Held At Haas since July 2012 2012 – present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business 1993...
Education JD, UCLA School of Law BS, Computer Engineering & Management, Case Western Reserve University Positions Held At Haas since 2017 2007 – 2016, VP of Special Projects, Google 2005 – 2007, General Manager/VP, Drugstore.com 2004 – 2005, CEO/Founder, Big World Travel LLC 2000 – 2004, COO,...
Education PhD, Engineering Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MS, Technology Policy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology BS, Symbolic Systems, Stanford University BA, Political Science, Stanford University Positions Held At Haas since 2009 2010 – present, Visiting Assi...
Pieter Abbeel received a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering from KU Leuven (Belgium) and received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Stanford University in 2008. He joined the faculty at UC Berkeley in Fall 2008, with an appointment in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sci...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.