Aritra – Leadership Accelerator Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
In the social sector there is a serious shortage of relevant and skilled talent at all levels.
At the root of the problem is inadequate talent entering the sector. Project based work leading to discontinuous tenures further complicates talent development. Finally, deeply operational roles even at senior levels exacerbates the issue since it does not allow for the leadership bandwidth that is required to groom the next level of leaders from within. Over the years, this has resulted in an impoverished leadership pipeline in the social sector.
If quality senior leaders are developed over a period of time, these leaders in their positions of influence, will fuel many more microcosms of effective leadership and the cross-pollination will further continue to fuel the grooming of quality talent in the sector.
Dr. Reddy’ Foundation and Phicus Social Solutions along with knowledge partners IIMB, Center for Creative Leadership and Cocoon Consulting have collaborated to launch ARITRA, a Leadership Accelerator Program aimed at addressing the talent deficit at the senior levels in the Social Sector.
The goal is to create 100 Senior Leaders over three batches of the Program.
- Build a strong leadership pipeline for the social sector
- Propel Leaders to fuel and accelerate growth and change
- Create a pool of relevant and skilled talent at key leadership levels
- Groom the leaders to become effective mentors to sustain the leadership pipeline
Extensive primary and secondary research and principles of human centered design thinking have led to the understanding of key success factors, underlying skills, critical leadership experiences and enablers / deterrents in the path to becoming a senior leader. The program brings together the 3 core facets of leadership, critical for success for a leader in the social sector.
The program has two distinct phases :
- Induction, followed by a high intensive learning period at IIM Bangalore Campus
- Alumni engagement and Ongoing support
Program Journey (IIMB phase)
The program kicks off with an outbound event of 3 days. Additionally, there are three sets of five days, residential classroom events.
In addition to the above, the participant will be expected to fulfill the following mandatory components of the program, which will be coordinated by the Program Management Office, along with multiple learning partners and experts.
- MOOCS and other online learning resources
- Peer cohort exchanges
- Mentor and coaching conversations
- Assignments and projects
- Structured exposure events and experiences
Post Program Elements
Indicative programmatic support that will be provided to participants in reaching senior leader roles in the alumini engagement program are as follows:
- Mentor conversations (to be driven by the participant)
- Alumni group (extensively leveraging the online platform)
- Periodic checking in from the Aritra Program office
Who should attend
This is a rigorous program. It will require the highest levels of dedication, commitment, self-discipline and resilience to embark on a tough, challenging and exciting leadership journey through Aritra!
Individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria are welcome to apply:
- Passionate about social change
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience
- At least 5 years in the social sector
- Grass root level experience is critical
- Proven ability to deliver results
Disclaimer: We encourage and actively support diversity of all kinds and do not discriminate based on gender, disability, marital status, race, colour, caste, religion and social status.