Who should attend
- Executive secretaries, secretaries, and any individual with an office support function.
- Professionals who are looking to improve their own Archiving and Indexing awareness.
About the course
Today, as a result of developments and advancements in information technology, organizations produce huge amounts of documentation are electronic automated. Managing all the information and documents, through document recovery and the classification and securing and archiving of documents for future reference, is essential to increase efficiency and productivity and the smooth functionality of any organization.
This training is design to provide with the required knowledge and skill that enables them to organize and reduce office documents by using modern technology. Electronic Archives are not inconvenient like offsite document management systems. Electronic Archives are too accessible within your business via CD or stored on your computer network.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the concepts of electronic archive, storage and safeguards.
- Avoid the regulatory and business requirements for archiving.
- Underline the advantage of electronic archiving.
- Solve technical solutions and archiving material with demonstration.
- Identify selection steps in choosing documents management and record management.
- Explores future challenges in electronic documentation and archiving.
Introduction to Electronic office systems, expectation and ice breaking
Organizing the electronic office systems
- Characteristics of the electronic system
- System working situation
- Reasons for use of electronic systems
Managing electronic office work
- Challenges in the current modern offices
- Administrative systems for office work
- Characteristics of employees in electronics offices
- Equipment and technologies required for electronic development
Enlarging of paper work and records
- Aspects of paper works growth in the industry
- Reasons of paper growth and methods of reducing
- Results of paper growth
Methods of organizing paper work and documents
- Classification of communication and documents
- Techniques and methods of classification
- Coding of Communication & documents
- Coding methodology
- Indexing documents and developing the indexing plan
Documents retention and records disposal
- How to dealing with old correspondence and documents
- Life-cycle of document
- Requirements for sorting, transfer and disposal of obsolete documents
- Procedures of sorting, transfer and disposal of obsolete documents
- Document management systems
- Mail and communication systems
- Sharing systems in editing documents and Support system
Indexing and sorting systems in electronic archives
- Search for words
- Combining document type and index for a more accurate search
- Looking through word index
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.