Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome.
About the course
This course will explore various analysis and modelling techniques to better understand the requirements associated with people, processes, and information elements in a business context. Basic business modelling tools such as organization models, workflow models and swim-lane diagrams are used to explore solution requirements. UML models (use cases, state and sequence diagrams) extend the solution requirements and establish the context for solution design. Principles of data and data analysis are introduced. Various methodologies are used to set a framework for analysis.
What you will learn
- Explain the foundational elements associated with analyzing requirements.
- Select and apply appropriate techniques to analyze people, processes and information effectively.
- Identify and apply common standards and methodologies.
- Document a business process using swimlane notation.
- Distinguish between types of technical models.
- Describe the characteristics of good data.
- Tailor analysis and models so that they convey effect meaning.
David has been an associate with Performance Group since 2011. He is an accomplished program and project manager with key strengths in organizational alignment, operations and performance planning and management and quality improvement. He has extensive experience with core services reviews, orga...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.