Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
hether your organization is looking to implement a data analytics program from scratch, take your use of data to the next level, or simply learn how to do it more effectively, this course will increase your fluency in the domain, and round out your knowledge of the skills necessary to successfully analyze, interpret, communicate and present data with confidence.
The program is structured in standalone modules which can be taken individually by managers from any sector or functional department.
The first two modules allow participants to quickly get to the heart of business applications for data analytics, and to learn the communication and presentation skills required to ensure its successful integration into the organization’s managerial processes. The final module offers a deep dive into the foundations of predictive and data analytics. Participants must take all three modules to receive their Masters Certificate.
Key Program Take Aways
The program has been designed to give participants knowledge of:
- Different analytical approaches to enhance strategic business decision-making for increased performance or profitability.
- The role of data in customer acquisition and retention to create competitive advantage and improve marketing and sales strategies.
- The softer skills critical to successfully leading analytics projects in organizations, including communication, presentation, negotiation and exerting influence.
- The ability to summarize, interpret and derive insights from data, and incorporate uncertainty in decision making.
Leading with Analytics
It is not always clear where and how analytics can help your company succeed. Even worse, it can sometimes seem like everyone is speaking a different language! This session will help you harmonize your organization and lead it to greater success by pairing your expertise about the business with an understanding of where and how data science can help. You’ll also learn how to collaborate effectively with experienced data scientists and to mentor novice analytics professionals to engage in the business.
- Describe applications of exploratory, explanatory, predictive, forecasting and prescriptive analysis
- Identify the best corporate analytical strategy to drive success
- Frame business problems for data and analytics answers
- Identify and manage different communication and work styles and overcome communication barriers among data team members
Data Governance of Big Data
Data privacy is a vital management planning concern. Ensuring proper business ethics and governance of data is essential across industries. During this module, participants will review and discuss real life business and public sector examples to strategically manage legal or ethical problems, ranging from perception to compliance to data sovereignty.
- Security, privacy, sovereignty, and ethical considerations of big data collection, warehousing, and analytics use
- Options for privacy protection and data governance including policy creation and enforcement, rights and responsibilities of all parties
- Governance strategies, implications, associated obligations, and models
Overview of Big Data Tools
How are today’s most forward-thinking organizations using big data analytics and data science to make more informed business decisions? This opening session will explain all of the terminology and allow participants to see innovative examples of Big Data applications from different sectors – and begin evaluating how their organization can grow through more effective use of data analytics.
- How Big Data relates to cloud, mobility, security, social media and online business activities
- How Big Data analytics drives competitive advantage in your industry
- Big Data tools and others, and their usefulness
You can measure your leadership by the confidence that your team members, your partners, your customers and the public have in you. Achieving your strategic plan requires people to be inspired by your vision and commit to it. But to be successful in this regard you need to be yourself. Your ability to connect with others, to communicate, to influence and inspire defines your leadership strengths. In this session, participants will learn to:
- Differentiate management and leadership
- Develop self-awareness
- Craft communications that inspire and incite action
- Engage stakeholders effectively
- Create a culture of collaboration
Negotiating and Influencing Skills
Negotiating with and influencing people effectively are important skills gained through experience and effective training. During this module, participants will learn the art and science of negotiating, as well as new skills, strategies, and behaviours needed to influence others and achieve better ‘win- win’ outcomes.
- How to gain agreement on difficult and contentious issues
- How to achieve team commitment to deliverables
- When to apply the three primary ways to influence others (power/rights/interests)
- An “interest-based” approach to negotiating and influencing with others
- An influencing “toolkit” for all situations
- How to negotiate past barriers to help both parties get “unstuck”
Who should attend
This program has been designed for executives and professionals with diverse needs from any sector or functional area, including managers who:
- Want to learn data analytics tools and techniques and leverage insights from big data to allow their organization to make better business decisions
- Are tasked with implementing, enhancing or expanding the role of analytics in their organization
- Currently work on analytics projects or are involved with a data team, and want to increase their fluency in the domain and their command of its tools and techniques
- Require a data analytics certificate to enhance their skill set
Trust the experts
Biography Mark is a professional leadership consultant and trainer with extensive experience facilitating teams and relating to the psychology of human dynamics in the workplace. He has led major organizational change initiatives for diverse clients including GM, Sears, General Mills, CN, Domtar...
Biography Joe Sherren, President of Ethos Enterprises Inc., is a management effectiveness expert who has spoken to more than 4,000 audiences in over 30 countries in the areas of leadership, team development and group motivation. His corporate experience includes 25 years in senior management pos...
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography Following a six-year career in credit analytics and product management at Capital One Canada, Jon joined Google as an Analytical Lead in March 2013. He oversees analytics in Canada across four industries: Travel, Tourism, Government and Energy. Jon is passionate about turning data into...
Ajay K. Sirsi
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketi...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides a...
Catherine ‘Cat’ Truxillo
Biography Cat is Director, Advanced Analytics Education at SAS Institute, and an award-winning trainer with over 25 years experience consulting and teaching in many industries. She is a vibrant and energetic speaker, and her students say she has a gift for breaking complex topics down to managea...
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li holds a PhD degree, with a specialization in Management Information Systems, minor in Computer Science, from the David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah. He is interested in addressing relevant computational business problems including FinTech, big data, social med...