An Overview to Marketing Planning
Marketing planning allows an organisation to bring together all the elements of marketing, therefore providing clear direction in relation to the key marketing value drivers. Developing an insightful marketing plan ensures marketers contribute at the strategic level in the organisation. This course is designed to help you write better marketing plans by providing a clear framework allowing you to apply the principles presented to a case situation. This reinforces your learning in a fun and interactive environment, making application easier back at work.
- Defining marketing and the marketing planning process
- Marketing audit including macro, micro and internal analysis summarised into a SWOT and key issues analysis
- Setting objectives and generating alternative growth strategies
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- The outline marketing mix
- Implementation and control – including the process of planning, Gantt charts and measurement approaches
- Marketing plan framework in 4 pages
- Action planning and review
Who should attend
This course is especially useful for managers and executives having to prepare a marketing plan for the first time or you may want to review the effectiveness of your current plans against best practice guidelines. Senior managers will also find this workshop invaluable when needing to evaluate the plans submitted to them by marketing specialists.