Who should attend
HR professionals or Managers who want to introduce people analytics into their role. You could be a Senior Advisor, Business Partner, Generalist or Specialist or have line management responsibility for teams in your organisation working in HR or Finance. You may be looking to build your knowledge, skills and confidence around workforce planning or simply want to increase your ability to drive business results and deliver value-added services.
About the course
Learn and interpret the key principles of workforce planning, from concept to actionable workforce planning. Become more agile and purposeful in a world of change, changing job roles and different working arrangements.
This one-day course highlights why workforce planning is vital to any organisation. It creates a link between strategic goals and effective execution, and enables you to make evidence-based justifications for resourcing as well as highlighting areas your organisation needs to address.
You’ll learn how to answer questions such as:
- where is the ‘organisational fat’? What’s the real number of people we need to deliver on our goals and objectives?
- who are my top talents?
- where are the critical roles within my organisation?
- how are we addressing our diversity and inclusion targets?
- what is our true capability? Where do we need to upskills, re-deploy, hire or use contingent labour?
By the end of this one-day course you’ll be able to:
- create linkages between business and people strategies
- obtain the buy-In from key influencers
- apply the basics of workforce planning
- create agility to enhance a flexible organisation
- make links and integrate solutions within HR interventions
- prepare for take-away action planning.
Creating linkage between business and people strategies
- Exploring key concepts to anticipate and respond rapidly to change
- HR agility
- Clarity in a world of change
- Changing job roles and adapting to different working arrangements.
Obtaining the buy-In
- Proposals and solutions for evidenced-based and pragmatic solutions
- From concept to actionable workforce planning
- Gaining buy-in from key influencers to deliver business value.
Basics of workforce planning
- Interactive workforce strategy – changing dynamics of labour demand and supply
- Understanding areas which you have control and areas where you don’t
- Mitigating risk – likely attrition, difficulty to recruit, cost-benefit analysis of development.
The flexible organisation
- Best practice research/case studies into how organisations are dealing with disruption
- Organisation structures blending with external partners
- Pinpoint critical or key roles and their future digital needs.
Linkage and integration of HR interventions
- People analytics
- Workforce planning links to organisation design and effectiveness
- Workforce rightsizing
- Spotting potential
- Succession Planning.
Preparation for Take-Away Exercises
- Templates and guidance notes to apply the techniques in your own organisation.
Esther has recently set up her own HR Consultancy offering Business Savvy Commercial skills, solutions and insights to Senior Leaders and HR teams. Sharing her vast business knowledge, commercial experience and people development skills. She draws upon a wealth of practical and operational experi...
Philippa has a wealth of consultancy experience both in the private and not-for-profit sectors. She specialises in HR specifically carrying out HR audits; return on investment (ROI) of, for example, the training function; employment law issues including reviewing contracts, policies and procedure...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.