An Introduction to Workforce Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
This one-day course highlights why workforce planning is vital to any organisation. It creates a link between strategic goals and effective execution, and enables you to make evidence-based justifications for resourcing as well as highlighting areas your organisation needs to address.
You’ll learn how to answer questions such as:
- where is the ‘organisational fat’? What’s the real number of people we need to deliver on our goals and objectives?
- who are my top talents?
- where are the critical roles within my organisation?
- how are we addressing our diversity and inclusion targets? what is our true capability? Where do we need to upskills, re-deploy, hire or use contingent labour?
By the end of this one-day course you’ll be able to:
- create linkages between business and people strategies
- obtain the buy-In from key influencers
- apply the basics of workforce planning
- create agility to enhance a flexible organisation
- make links and integrate solutions within HR interventions
- prepare for take-away action planning.
Who should attend
HR professionals or Managers who want to introduce people analytics into their role. You could be a Senior Advisor, Business Partner, Generalist or Specialist or have line management responsibility for teams in your organisation working in HR or Finance. You may be looking to build your knowledge, skills and confidence around workforce planning or simply want to increase your ability to drive business results and deliver value-added services.