Who should attend
An Introduction to Coaching is an ideal choice if you’re a line manager wishing to develop your coaching style and challenge individuals within your organisation to reach their full potential.
About the course
Are you looking to bring out the best in the people around you within your workplace? If so, this invaluable introduction to coaching is perfect for you. Not only is it a great introduction, but also a solid foundation in which to adopt a ‘coaching management style’.
By the end of An Introduction to Coaching course you will be able to:
- identify coaching values
- evaluate different coaching models and how they are used
- develop your own coaching style
- apply coach-mentoring techniques for performance and development issues
- give feedback as a coach
- develop action plans for coaching in the workplace
Coaching – an overview
- definitions from leaders in the field
- coaching for skills
- performance improvement and potential
- philosophical underpinning
- identify your collective values around coaching
- peer coaching sessions
- emotional intelligence
- practice a range of models
- GROW model
- appreciative enquiry
- coaching techniques for performance and development issues
Giving and receiving feedback effectively as a coach
- skills and techniques
- skills practice
Jon is a seasoned professional in the related fields of leadership, teams and organisational performance improvement. His approach is grounded in a long business career, starting out as a graduate trainee at Procter & Gamble and moving through middle to senior management in the publishing ind...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.