This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Organizations today must understand and leverage 7 critical attributes of cohesive, productive and resilient teams. This 1 day interactive course guides participants through a learning experience to develop the seven attributes and behaviors that are critical to high productivity and effectiveness. The seven critical team attributes include: Trust, Appreciation, Communication, Creativity & Ideation, Meeting Management, Behavior Management and Problem Solving & Decision Making.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 10% Culture and Team Formation
- Intentionally creating an environment where employees thrive
- Developing highly productive teams, increasing efficiency, cohesion, productivity and commitment
- Improving team productivity & effectiveness through increased engagement & development strategies
- Understanding the impact of culture on productivity
- 20% Critical Team Attribute: Trust
- Learning 5 key elements of effective trust
- Discovering behaviors that either enhance or erode trust
- Understanding how to communicate in a way that builds trust
- 15% Critical Team Attribute: Communication
- Understanding the critical components of communication
- Developing communication strategies that resonate with all stakeholders
- 50% Critical Team Attributes: Appreciation, Creativity & Ideation, Meeting Management, Behavior Management and Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Leveraging the power of appreciation in the workplace
- Increasing creativity and ideation through diversity of thought
- Producing outcomes through effective meeting management
- Increasing productivity and cohesiveness through effective behavior management
- Developing problem solving and decision making skills in order to yield optimal solutions
- 5% Team Development Action Planning
- Creating sustainable strategies to build, manage, and sustain team cohesiveness and increase workplace productivity
- Testing and improving current team performance through a series of interactive team building challenges
- Understanding current team performance and determine specific plans to improve performance
- Determining immediate next steps: Identifying actions that you will stop, start and continue
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Leadership Development, Adaptability, Creativeness, Communication, Initiative.
- Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Decision Making, Delegation
- Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING
Trust the experts
Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper is the senior managing partner of Improve Consulting and Training Group, a firm that provides personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation. Improve has been featured in Time Magazine, Black Voices, Smart Business Magazine and Bloomberg Businessw...