Alternative Investment Strategies
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
Alternative Investment Strategies is a 2½-day specialty program that provides practical education to help you understand the complexities of alternative investments. Focused on the topics of hedge funds and real estate investing for benefit funds, this advanced-level course will provide you with the tools to make effective investment decisions. The course schedule covers lecture/discussion sessions, problem-solving exercises and group breakout sessions.
- Introduction and Overview of Hedge Funds and Other Alternative Investments
- Institutional Interest in Hedge Funds
- Hedge Fund Investing
- Lessons From Hedge Fund Failures
- Other Alternative Investment Trends and the Future
- Equity Investments in Real Estate
- Debt Investments in Real Estate
- Final Wrap-Up and Program Integration
This program is for those who have a solid grasp of investment fundamentals and seek to learn more about how their fund could assess the use of alternative investments. Alternative Investment Strategies is designed to build upon participants’ existing knowledge base and experience.
While there are no formal prerequisites for this program, those without prior knowledge of fundamental investment theory will most likely find this program too advanced and are encouraged to register for the Portfolio Concepts and Management program.
Who should attend
Fiduciaries from both defined benefit and defined contribution plans who represent various industries, sizes and geographic areas (United States and Canada), including
- Multiemployer and public plan trustees
- Administrators and staff
- Human resources and benefits professionals
- Corporate officers and executives
- Finance personnel
- Investment professionals