Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Senior-level leaders and advisers who are responsible for strategic initiatives and ensuring that all aspects of the organization, from strategy to culture, are being properly communicated and executed.
About the course
One of the most important responsibilities that senior leaders and executives have is to make sure that all facets of their organization, including its processes, structures, behaviors, and competencies, are properly aligned with overall strategy. This course focuses on how you can successfully attain that alignment through culture and change.
How You Will Benefit
- Articulate the vision, mission, and strategy of a successful business.
- Understand value chain flow from market analysis to product or service delivery.
- Analyze whether the key aspects of your organization are properly aligned with your vision, mission, and strategy.
- Create functional governance structures to best ensure alignment results in the achievement of goals & objectives.
- Build and execute a change plan that assures all key aspects of the organization are focused on your key business strategy.
- Assess your capabilities as a sponsor of change.
Day 1 - Organizational Goals, Strategy and Core Competencies
- Explore the link between organizational performance and business strategy
- Examine common organizational development models
- Develop a vision/mission/purpose statement for your organization
- Name your organization’s go-to-market strategic intentions
- Determine which core work processes and which core competencies align and drive your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
Day 2 - Structure, Measurement and Vital Behaviors
- Determine which organizational structure best supports your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Determine which key metrics best measure your success in achieving your organization’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Review the best practices in organizational change
- Explore the role of “sponsor” in large organizational change
- Develop a change management plan to drive desired business change
- Participate in an open consulting session with class and faculty on your specific organizational issues and challenges
FIRST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and dinner
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
LAST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30–8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Steve King is the Executive Director of the Center for Professional and Executive Development for the Wisconsin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Prior to taking this position, Steve held the positions of Vice President of Global Talent Management for Baxter International...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.