Aligning Learning With Business Strategy
One of the biggest challenges you will face in L&D is establishing a clear relationship between learning, the experiences that support it, the resources it needs, and the work-related, and organisational, objectives to which the learning will contribute. This course will enable you to tap into individuals’ motivation to learn; and build commitment to learning; providing a range of learning solutions that stretch and develop individuals – thus enhancing organisational effectiveness.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- establish the business drivers for different learning needs
- identify the relationship of learning needs to organisational requirements
- explain factors that help or hinder an individual’s ability to learn and to apply that learning to achieve organisational goals
- describe methods for integrating learning and performance
- identify ways of achieving learning within the workplace
Integration and alignment
- integrating how needs are identified
- making L&D an integral part of organisational strategy and operational processes
- managing and integrating different stakeholder views on L&D needs
- aligning L&D processes with operational processes
- managing L&D resource allocation as an integral part of achieving organisational goals
Drivers for learning needs
- where do learning needs come from?
- what are the drivers?
- what’s the relationship of different learning needs to the achievement of organisational goals?
- how might we prioritise needs?
Relationship of learning needs to organisational needs
- alignment with organisational goals and operational requirements
- constructive dialogue with stakeholders at different levels and different parts of your organisation
- integration with organisational processes
Factors that motivate or hinder learning
- individual issues
- team or group issues
- workplace issues
Integrating learning and performance
- formal v informal learning
- at work v away from work
- relationship to operational requirements
- practice and application whilst learning is fresh
- competency frameworks
- appraisal, individual performance targets
- briefing and debriefing by manager or workplace coach
- timeliness of learning
Learning solutions for an integrated approach
- range of learning opportunities
- specific methods
Who should attend
Aligning Learning With Business Strategy is recommended for L&D specialists, HR and OD practitioners involved in managing organisational learning, and line managers who are responsible for integrating learning with their business needs.