About the course
The second course in the Certificate in Aircraft Composite Structural Analysis & Design, this class builds on the fundamentals presented in the Aircraft Composite Structures: Mechanics & Materials course. We’ll cover analysis methods associated with both the strengths and weaknesses of laminated composite structures. By the end of the course you’ll have a solid understanding of the fundamental methods embedded in composites analysis software.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Analysis methods for composite laminates and radius details
- Section properties and design
- Ultimate strength
- How to analyze bolted and bonded joints
- Methods for analyzing buckling and post-buckling
- Finite element methods for composite structures
- How to analyze sandwich structure
- Techniques for damage tolerant design
- Repair design
Gerald Mabson has more than 25 years of aircraft structures experience. While specializing in composite materials, he also has extensive experience in multidisciplinary analysis, optimization and cost models for composites. He’s worked on a range of research, development and production programs t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.