Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This international programme is suitable for:
- CEOs, startup founders or heads of corporate new venture group looking to learn rapid ideation and understand AI-related metrics
- Financial services or consumer lending business unit leaders that can benefit from tactical yet strategic foundational knowledge of AI and the process of innovation
- Those working in healthcare, digital health or the medical field and seeking guidance on how to bring a new venture forward
- Ecommerce, trade association or marketing professionals that requires subject matter expertise in building, implementing and evaluating business plans for AI ventures
- Investors or analysts seeking AI business analytics tools, perspectives on venture implications and a deeper understanding of investment feasibility
- Government advisors or regulators looking for ways to protect against unintended consequences of AI
About the course
AI Startups & Innovation is a six-week online programme is designed to help startup founders, CEOs and heads of corporate new venture groups overcome the barriers of accessing expertise, networks, time and methodologies to successfully create a new artificial intelligence (AI) startup, or to transform an existing venture. The programme will cover how to identify business opportunities, leverage the dimensions of AI technologies, and build on the success of existing AI applications to improve products and services in any industry.
By applying proven analytical frameworks, you will effectively articulate a problem, define a solution, conduct a competitive analysis, and create a go-to-market strategy. You will also familiarise yourself with the implications of AI regulations, guidelines and compliance to evaluate the balance between protecting consumers, managing risk, promoting competition, and stimulating innovation.
The capstone project will allow you to bring startup ventures to life by applying rudimentary frameworks to create a prototype, with no technical skills required, and develop a business plan for a venture development or transformation. You will finish the programme prepared to implement what you have learned, and with a verified Digital Certificate from Imperial College Business School Executive Education.
This programme will enable you to:
- Describe how applications of AI technologies can improve or transform existing financial, health, ecommerce, governmental, heavy infrastructure and other systems
- Explain the impact of AI regulations and guidelines, such as the OPAL project and the Trusted Data framework, on AI technologies and regulatory compliance
- Describe a narrative around and argue the merits of your AI venture, including what problem it solves, and how it is unique, applying techniques of literary and dramaturgical theory
- Develop a plan for a real AI startup; including identification of the market size and its complexion, effective articulation of a problem, resourcing plan and a go-to-market brief strategy
- Utilise rudimentary frameworks to create a prototype for a real-world venture development or to transform an existing venture even if you have no technical background
What you will learn
Module 1: AI Technologies & Applications
Module 2: Think and Design Like an AI Entrepreneur
Module 3: Design Strategies to Drive Innovation and Growth
Module 4: Risks & Mitigation
Module 5: Launching the AI Venture
Module 6: Experiential Learning Capstone Project
David is a globally recognized authority on financial innovation, and created and leads the SBS online programmes Oxford Fintech and Oxford Blockchain Strategy. David is the founder & CEO of Distilled Analytics, a data/machine learning fintech derived from MIT research that applies multi sca...
Professor Tucci received the degrees of Ph.D. in Management from the Sloan School of Management, MIT; SM (Technology & Policy) from MIT; and BS (Mathematical Sciences), AB (Music), and MS (Computer Science) from Stanford University. He was an industrial computer scientist involved in developi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.