Who should attend
Managers and executives from any business function with an interest in understanding the essentials of AI and desire to put it to work within their team or organization. No technical expertise is required.
About the course
There is no lack of conversation, news and insight about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its potential impact on business.
The time has come to move from talk to action. But where do you start?
AI Jumpstart for Managers lays the groundwork for any business person to get their organization started in AI. This one-day program, delivered in an engaging format, explains the basics of what AI is and is not, uses real business examples to show how to implement AI in your business, and gives participants the opportunity to get their first AI business idea moving, all guided by AI business experts from Queen’s Smith School of Business and the private sector.
No technical expertise is required — just a desire to buckle down the basics and explore how to take practical steps forward with AI.
In this program you will learn to:
- Demystify the world of AI: Learn the essentials of AI from Smith School of Business, Canada’s leader in teaching applied AI for business, and Deloitte, a private sector leader in AI development.
- Understand how to make AI happen: Learn how and why other companies implemented AI, exploring real-world examples. Cases look at real business people using AI to address business challenges and improve customer experience.
- Take your first steps in the AI journey: Bring a current business challenge or opportunity where AI could be put to work. Get expert advice on how to move that first AI project forward and help your organization take its first steps with AI.
AI Jumpstart For Managers removes the guesswork and speculation about Artificial Intelligence, providing a foundational understanding of what AI is, and how it can impact your business.
Participants gain referenceable case examples enabling them to contribute and influence workplace discussions about AI, positioning their organization to focus on how to move forward with AI.
Most importantly, participants return to work with a real AI business project, equipped with an understanding how to move beyond ''what if' discussions to realize the benefits of AI.
- Learn the story of AI, from its origins and early development to its current, exciting potential to improve business outcomes for organizations and their customers.
- Explore the AI landscape. See the opportunities to apply AI to your organization’s needs.
- Gain a working knowledge of core AI disciplines, learning via practical real-world examples.
- Understand how AI platforms power applications like chatbots, recommendation engines, and social network analytics, and how these tools in turn impact business outcomes and customer experiences.
- Learn how to develop your AI strategy: where and when to start, project planning considerations, and how to get on the path to AI execution - including building the best team for AI initiatives, and overcoming common challenges.
With a unique ability to present technical topics in an easy-to-understand and inspiring way, Steve is a sought-after professor and AI expert at Queen’s University’s Smith School of Business. He leads both introductory and expert-level courses on multiple aspects of AI in undergraduate, graduate ...
Shelby brings a unique and impressive background combining her training as a lawyer, with experience launching her own company that was named one of Canada’s Hot 50 by Profit Magazine, and now helping Deloitte’s clients drive significant growth through innovation, technology and data-driven decis...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.