Who should attend
Software developers, new product developers and managers, process improvement individuals, project managers.
About the course
Effective Scrum Masters use the Scrum framework to increase team performance and deliver value to their organizations. Through this fully online, three-week program, you’ll gain the skills you need to help teams rise to increasing levels of learning, quality, and delivery while ensuring that teams maximize the benefits of self-organization.
During eight modules delivered over three weeks, participants will learn to use Scrum artifacts and metrics to help teams better communicate with customers and stakeholders while earning their Agile Scrum Master Credential. Each module consists of self-study pre-work and exercises, two live two-hour, instructor-led, interactive learning sessions, and post-session skill application and reflection exercises.
This program is a requirement for the Agile Project Management Track in the Master’s Certificate in Project Management.
How You Will Benefit
- Describe and apply the Scrum framework
- Describe and understand Scrum roles and processes
- Describe the role of the Scrum Master
- Help Scrum teams self-organize their work
- Facilitate Scrum processes and practice.
- Work with Product Owners to maximize their role and contributions to the team
- Practice servant leadership as a Scrum Master
- Earn Scrum Master Credential
- Module 1 – Introduction to Scrum
- Module 2 – Scrum Roles and Practices
- Module 3 – The Scrum Master
- Module 4 – Working with Self-managed, Self-organizing Teams
- Module 5 – Scrum Process Facilitation
- Module 6 – Working with Product Owners
- Module 7 – Scrum Metrics and Artifacts
- Module 8 – The Scrum Master and Servant Leadership
Shawn is a Senior Consultant with Farwell Project Advisors LLC and adjunct faculty with UW–Madison and UW-Platteville. Prior to joining Farwell in July 2017, Shawn was VP - Development and Support, and VP – Professional Services for CloudCraze Commerce (enterprise eCommerce software built on Sale...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.