Agile Project Management
Poor project management is costing organisations an average of $97 million for every $1 billion invested.* The pressure on strategic business planning is becoming increasingly pertinent in the evolving business world.
Agile is a style of project management that is characterised by the division of tasks into iterations of work, with frequent reassessment and adaptation of plans.
This 8-week online short course aims to prepare project managers to function in an Agile business environment, by introducing the core principles and methods of the Agile approach.
You’ll develop functional skills applicable to your role and at the end of the course, be able to develop an Agile Project Management framework for a business.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate from the University of Cape Town in this online course and be empowered to:
- Understand how Agile Project Management differs from traditional approaches, and how it has been adapted for projects and businesses.
- Recognise the conditions required to use an Agile approach, and obtain practical skills in adaptive planning, continual improvement, and quality and risk management.
- Gain interpersonal tools for engaging with stakeholders and facilitating high-performance teams in an Agile environment.
- Develop an Agile framework for business while engaging with future trends and potential limitations.
- Formalise your expertise and set yourself professionally apart with a UCT certificate in Agile Project Management.
Understand the organisational impact and value behind Agile Project Management as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Module 2 The Agile project environment
- Module 3 Value-driven delivery and stakeholder engagement
- Module 4 Adaptive planning in Agile projects
- Module 5 Facilitating high-performance teams
- Module 6 Continuous improvement: product, processes, and people
- Module 7 Quality and risk management
- Module 8 Agile project management framework for a business