Who should attend
Individuals and teams, software developers, new product developers and managers, process improvement individuals, product managers, product sponsors
About the course
Product Owners are responsible for ensuring that Scrum teams are delivering value to the organization and becoming intimately familiar with the needs and priorities of customers and stakeholders. This fully online, two-week program will give you the skills you need to become an effective Product Owner by guiding teams and prioritizing work to meet customer and stakeholder needs.
During four modules delivered over two weeks, participants will learn the key responsibilities and models of effective Product Owners while earning their Agile Product Owner Credential. Each module consists of self-study pre-work and exercises, two live two-hour, instructor-led, interactive learning sessions, and post-session skill application and reflection exercises.
This program is a requirement for the Agile Project Management Track in the Master’s Certificate in Project Management.
How You Will Benefit
- Identify the key responsibilities of a product owner
- Identify how the product owner’s key relationships support the role’s responsibilities and contributions to the Scrum team and project
- Recognize effective and ineffective product owner performance in Scrum environments
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Product Owner role in Scrum
- Module 2 – Responsibilities of the Product Owner
- Module 3 – Product Owner Relationships
- Module 4 – Impact of Product Owner Performance
Shawn is a Senior Consultant with Farwell Project Advisors LLC and adjunct faculty with UW–Madison and UW-Platteville. Prior to joining Farwell in July 2017, Shawn was VP - Development and Support, and VP – Professional Services for CloudCraze Commerce (enterprise eCommerce software built on Sale...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.