Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Level 2 - Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- Level 3 - New Managers
- Level 4 - Managers
About the course
The certification focuses primarily on the mindset, roles, and responsibilities of an Agile Coach. After finishing the certification, the learner will be able to differentiate between and among mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching, and will also gain the skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team.
This certification introduces participants to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts for starting and growing teams while focusing on teams and organizations as human systems.
A key part of this certification focuses on developing an understanding of the professional coaching skillset and the value of honing these skills to serve individuals on an agile team.
An Agile coach acts as a catalyst to the agile team by empowering the team to reach their goals by facilitating agile thinking and improving team practices. The coach provides focused guidance and enhances awareness of the business goals and objectives by acting as a role model, teacher, facilitator, mentor, and team builder.
Thus, the Agile coach ushers in positive transformation by changing the organizational culture and redefining the work paradigm to reflect an agile mindset.
• Guide the learner into understanding an Agile Coaching stance -- a blend of their skills and attitudes they will need to hold-to in the work of Agile Coaching: a mindful how to be.
• The intent is that the coach-at-work should consciously consider and choose from their stances (facilitation, teaching, professional coaching, and mentoring) as they partner with teams and individuals for their success.
• The Agile Coaching mindset
• Responsibilities and skills of the coach
• Setting boundaries for coaching
• The coaching stance
• The coaching conversation – coaching for action
• Professional coaching skills
• Conducting the coaching conversation
• Mentoring Agile roles & transitions
• Mentoring vs Coaching
• Teaching the Agile basics & mindset shift
• Understanding team development
• Setting up the team environment
• Creating a team kickoff/startup agenda
• Characteristics of an Agile team
• Coaching on the journey towards high performance
• Handling conflicts and dysfunctions within the team
• Handling organizational impediments
• Planning to facilitate a conflict in a team
Sumeet Madan is a pragmatic change agent in the Agile transformation with over 15 years of rich experience in software engineering, agile coaching, training and consulting. He is an Agile consultant by profession and the Professional Scrum trainer (PST) from Scrum.org and also a SAFe Program Cons...
An executive turned transformation consultant with 21+ years of learning, Preeth trains and coaches organizations to be agile and more importantly to stay agile. Preeth’s pragmatism finds its root in his diverse experience at various leadership positions. This majorly includes the one where he ...
Naveen Kumar Singh is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) from Scrum.org, LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainer (LFST) from LeSS, Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) trainer from Scrum Alliance, SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), and ICAgile Trainer for Agile Coaching & DevOps. With more than 21 years of exper...
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.