Who should attend
Agile practitioners and coaches, scrum masters, product owners, project managers, product managers, project management office directors, and new product development leaders.
About the course
If your organization has adopted the Agile methodology, you’re familiar with the tools and rituals associated with leading individual Scrum projects - backlogs, story points sprints, stand-ups, and retrospectives. And yet, it doesn’t seem to be enough to get multiple teams to work cohesively.
Agile at Scale will help you assess and leverage hybrid Agile approaches, teach you to determine your organization’s readiness to scale, empower you to mitigate challenges with synchronized deliverables, and the gain the special leadership skills needed when dealing with decentralized decision making.
During this program, you will also examine successful and failed large-scale rollouts in both case studies and simulations. With a network of your peers and Agile coaches, you’ll develop your own rollout action plans.
Course Pre-Work and Post-Work: The four modules may consist of assessments, discussion forum exercises, videos, and/or reading assignments. Additionally, each module requires post-work application action planning, exercises, and/or self-reflection. Please allow two to three hours to complete these items each week.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn to reduce product delays
- Develop the skills you need to better forecast Agile projects
- Learn to achieve better integration between Agile and Phased-based project teams
- Increase your portfolio management skills
Module 1 – Introduction to the Program, Online Resources, and Methods for Scaling Agile
- Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Scrum @ Scale
Module 2 – Hybrid Methods and Environments
- Defining Hybrid Agile
- Evaluating Hybrid Agile: Kanban, Scrumban, Scrumfall and Others
- Implementing and Working in Hybrid Agile Environments
Module 3 – Agile Leadership, Coaching, and Decision Making
- Coaching for Scrum Success: New Teams, Sprints, Reviews, Releases
- Managing Across Products and Portfolios
- Collaboration with the PMO
- Values, Behaviors and Decision-making Tools to Support Agile at Scale
Module 4 – Adoption and Implementation
- Assessing Projects and the Organization
- Critical Success Factors and their Measurement
- Dealing with Impediments and Setbacks
- Developing Roll-out Plans
Shawn is a Senior Consultant with Farwell Project Advisors LLC and adjunct faculty with UW–Madison and UW-Platteville. Prior to joining Farwell in July 2017, Shawn was VP - Development and Support, and VP – Professional Services for CloudCraze Commerce (enterprise eCommerce software built on Sale...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.