Who should attend
The African Sustainability Executive Programme is targeted at middle to senior executives from business, government and civil society, and is designed to develop informed, skilled and effective leadership in response to the system pressures and trends affecting the continent.
About the course
Sustainability will define growth and innovation in the next decades. In 2015, world leaders settled on a new set of global Sustainable Development Goals. The challenges are immense. Creating jobs, sustaining growth and eradicating poverty in a carbon-constrained world demands a restructuring of economic systems and a deeper appreciation of the boundaries of our ecological systems. Participation of all stakeholders in society, from the government to the private sector and civil society, is required if we are to achieve these common goals. We can therefore not continue to operate business-as-usual. The incorporation of social and environmental stewardship and ethics into organizational practices will now be the key determinant of long-term growth and competitive advantage. Organizations that understand this new trajectory are the ones that will dominate their sectors in the near future. To operate in this significant paradigm shift requires new leadership thinking. It requires leaders who understand and seize the challenges and opportunities for sustainable development and what this means for their business’ success if they are to thrive for the long term.
African Sustainability Executive Programme (ASEP) aims to enhance the capacity of key decision-makers and executives to implement and turn sustainability initiatives in their organization into drivers of measurable value. The programme builds and adds value to the participants’ areas of expertise across all disciplines to enable them to become sustainability champions in their field.
Themes and Topics Explored
- Global System Pressures and Trends – Understanding and dealing with complex financial, societal and environmental problems
- Developing and presenting the business case for sustainability
- Case studies to share best practices in responding to these challenges
- Enhancing sustainability leadership practice
- Measuring sustainability performance
- Designing Future-Fit Organizations
Benefits of Attending
Through attending, participants will: * Gain a deeper understanding of how emerging global pressures and trends may impact their own sectors, roles and regions; * Identify the sustainability opportunities and challenges for their organizations and sectors, and how to strengthen their sustainable competitive advantage * Develop their own leadership – the capacity to anticipate change and to develop innovative and creative responses to Africa’s future
Benefits of Attending
Through attending, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how emerging global pressures and trends may impact their own sectors, roles and regions;
- Identify the sustainability opportunities and challenges for their organizations and sectors, and how to strengthen their sustainable competitive advantage
- Develop their own leadership – the capacity to anticipate change and to develop innovative and creative responses to Africa’s future.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.