Who should attend
This programme is ideal for professionals including accountants, attorneys, management consultants, insurance and wealth advisors, who intend to build unique capabilities required to mentor family business clients. Whether you aim to enrich your existing practice by augmenting knowledge on family business or are looking to transform yourself into a specialized family business advisor, this programme equips you with the essential skills required to deal with the complexities of family business and devise thoughtful solutions for your clients.
About the course
The programme is designed to enrich your practice and help you cement long-term mutually beneficial relationships with your clients.
The programme will help you gain sophisticated understanding by providing a comprehensive perspective of family, business and ownership systems. It equips you with the necessary skill set to successfully steer through the intricacies and challenges of advising business families.
- Get a better understanding of family business dynamics and unique challenges and roles of an advisor
- Develop skills to counsel clients on the professionalisation of family business
- Learn to facilitate the development of ‘Family Constitution’ and family governance structures
- Build capabilities to become a trusted and effective family business advisor
- Understanding the unique challenges faced by family businesses
- Developing a business growth strategy by blending business and family resources
- Addressing challenges of ‘let go’ and professionalization
- Managing challenges of leadership transition and succession management
- Developing a family constitution and governance structures
- Establishing yourself as a trusted family business advisor
Professor Kavil Ramachandran, a founding faculty set up the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development at the ISB in 2001. Later, he was the Associate Dean (Academic Programmes) before becoming the Thomas Schmidheiny Chair Professor of Family Business and Wealth Management. Currently, he ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.