Who should attend
This Institute is designed for experienced multiemployer trustees, those who have attended the New Trustees Institute and those who have served as a trustee for more than two years, as well as salaried and contract administrators of all experience levels.
About the course
The Trustees and Administrators Institute is designed to keep experienced trustees informed of the latest industry trends, legal and regulatory changes, and best practices as well as bringing new ideas to light. Attendees gain a deeper understanding of how to run their pension and health and welfare funds.
Don’t miss this time-honored educational event. Developed by active trustees, administrators and professional advisors, each session is designed to address the issues you face today and prepare you for what lies ahead. In these challenging times, you can count on the International Foundation to deliver timely, relevant and balanced education on the trends, issues and future direction of the industry.
- Economic Update
- Political and Legislative Changes in Health Care
- Reading and Understanding the Actuarial Report
- Pension Reform and Retirement Benefits Update
- Wellness Programs—Are They Working for Your Fund?
- Retirement Insecurity—Diagnosis of the Retirement Landscape
- End-of-Life Care
- Funding Challenges
- Medicare for All and the Public Option
- Opioid Epidemic
- Innovations in Digital Health Care for Families
- Impact of Divorces on Your Benefit Plans
- On-Site Clinics
- Trustee-Administrator Relationship
- Communicating About DC Plans in a DB World
- Successorship and Building an Effective Board of Trustees Pharmacy Benefits
- Guided Open Forum—Trustees
- Guided Open Forum—Administrators
- Consolidations in the Health Care Industry
- Marijuana Law Update
- Resiliency and Mental Health
- Running Effective Trust Fund Meetings
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts about the current state of affairs and latest reform initiatives—Be prepared for what lies ahead.
- Network with peers who face similar challenges—Learn from their mistakes, benchmark your performance and gather workable ideas and solutions to implement.
- Bring home helpful resource materials to share with colleagues, from sample documents to checklists and case studies—The value of your attendance will continue long after you've left the program.
Kinney, William R., Jr., Charles and Elizabeth Prothro Regents Chair in Business and Price Waterhouse Fellow in Auditing, Department of Accounting. William Kinney received his B.S. and M.S. from Oklahoma State University and his Ph.D. from Michigan State University. His research and teaching inte...
Allison Madan’s experience spans issues arising under ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and related laws. Ms. Madan has significant experience in matters related to multiemployer pension, health and welfare and training plans, as well as plans maintained by tax- exempt organizations. She counsels ...
Neal serves as legal counsel to numerous pension and welfare benefit plans subject to ERISA. His clients span a wide variety of industries, including professional sports, teamsters, building and construction, health care, industrial, wholesale and retail food and newspaper publishing. He has part...
Noel MacKay is Director, National Benefits Consulting at Cowan Insurance Group responsible for managing and mentoring their employee benefits consulting team. Noel has 30+ years of experience working in the employee benefits field, including program design, wellness strategies and client servic...
Lisa M. Gomez joined the firm in 1994 and became a partner in 2002. Ms. Gomez practices primarily in the area of employee benefits law. She represents and advises a federal employee health benefit plan, various multiemployer pension and welfare plans, single employer plans, and jointly administe...
Mr. Einhorn serves as a trustee of the Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund, a trust providing health benefits to 74,000 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania public sector employees and their dependents, and as a trustee of the Teamsters Health and Welfare and Pension Trust Funds of Philadelphia and...
Diana Bardes' practice is primarily devoted to advising unions in both the private and public sector on a wide array of labor and employment issues, including local, intermediate and international unions. She also represents individuals and tax-exempt organizations in various employment matters a...
John Barlament is a member of the Firm's Employee Benefits team. He is an author of one of the country's leading manuals on the HIPAA privacy and security rules, HIPAA Portability, Privacy & Security (Thomson Reuters / EBIA), as well as other seminal publications including A Primer on Online ...
Mr. Garnitz is president of LifeSpan Services, Inc., in Atlanta, Georgia. LifeSpan’s mission is to increase employee self-reliance. Each year, LifeSpan conducts over 300 preretirement, midcareer and financial education seminars and webinars for corporations, federal and state agencies, and multie...
Experience Victor’s clients have included not-for-profit organizations, public entities, Taft-Hartley funds, law firms, and corporations. His areas of expertise include defined benefit plan funding issues, funding improvement and rehabilitation plans, expense requirements, plan redesign, and non...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.