Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Trustees and Administrators Institute is designed to keep experienced trustees informed of the latest industry trends, legal and regulatory changes, and best practices as well as bringing new ideas to light. Attendees gain a deeper understanding of how to run their pension and health and welfare funds.
Don’t miss this time-honored educational event. Developed by active trustees, administrators and professional advisors, each session is designed to address the issues you face today and prepare you for what lies ahead. In these challenging times, you can count on the International Foundation to deliver timely, relevant and balanced education on the trends, issues and future direction of the industry.
- Economic Update
- Political and Legislative Changes in Health Care
- Reading and Understanding the Actuarial Report
- Pension Reform and Retirement Benefits Update
- Wellness Programs—Are They Working for Your Fund?
- Retirement Insecurity—Diagnosis of the Retirement Landscape
- End-of-Life Care
- Funding Challenges
- Medicare for All and the Public Option
- Opioid Epidemic
- Innovations in Digital Health Care for Families
- Impact of Divorces on Your Benefit Plans
- On-Site Clinics
- Trustee-Administrator Relationship
- Communicating About DC Plans in a DB World
- Successorship and Building an Effective Board of Trustees Pharmacy Benefits
- Guided Open Forum—Trustees
- Guided Open Forum—Administrators
- Consolidations in the Health Care Industry
- Marijuana Law Update
- Resiliency and Mental Health
- Running Effective Trust Fund Meetings
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts about the current state of affairs and latest reform initiatives—Be prepared for what lies ahead.
- Network with peers who face similar challenges—Learn from their mistakes, benchmark your performance and gather workable ideas and solutions to implement.
- Bring home helpful resource materials to share with colleagues, from sample documents to checklists and case studies—The value of your attendance will continue long after you've left the program.
Who should attend
This Institute is designed for experienced multiemployer trustees, those who have attended the New Trustees Institute and those who have served as a trustee for more than two years, as well as salaried and contract administrators of all experience levels.
Trust the experts
Kristin has a wealth of expertise, with particular strengths in development of innovative market solutions leveraging technology and risk based contracting. She has a demonstrated record of success building organizations from the ground up and recognized as a thought leader in pharmaceutical supp...
Mr. Berry is president of KB Berry & Assoc., Inc., a consulting firm specializing in cost-containment programs aimed at reducing medical and prescription drug costs. Prior to starting his own company, he was president of Associated Third Party Administrators (ATPA) and Accelera Health (ATPA’s...
Allison Madan’s experience spans issues arising under ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and related laws. Ms. Madan has significant experience in matters related to multiemployer pension, health and welfare and training plans, as well as plans maintained by tax- exempt organizations. She counsels ...
Neal serves as legal counsel to numerous pension and welfare benefit plans subject to ERISA. His clients span a wide variety of industries, including professional sports, teamsters, building and construction, health care, industrial, wholesale and retail food and newspaper publishing. He has part...
Mr. Tanz is a vice president and senior consultant in Segal’s New York office. He has over 25 years of experience in the Taft-Hartley multiemployer industry and is an expert in multiple disciplines, including executive leadership, management, software engineering, project management, database adm...
Mr. Toner is responsible for the overall investment output at Verus, for both discretionary and non-discretionary clients. His particular focus is on ensuring that the entire investment resources of the firm are applied in the most effective way for each client, and that the asset allocation, por...
What's Everyone Saying About the Trustees and Administrators Institutes?