Advanced Trustees and Administrators Institute
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
The Advanced Trustees and Administrators Institute is designed to keep experienced trustees informed of the latest industry trends, legal and regulatory changes, and best practices as well as bringing new ideas to light. Attendees gain a deeper understanding of how to run their pension and health and welfare funds.
Don’t miss this time-honored educational event. Developed by active trustees, administrators and professional advisors, each session is designed to address the issues you face today and prepare you for what lies ahead. In these challenging times, you can count on the International Foundation to deliver timely, relevant and balanced education on the trends, issues and future direction of the industry.
- Economic Update
- Legislative Update—Retirement Funds
- Understanding Your Insurance Options
- Legislative Update—Health Funds
- Properly Communicating Retirement Options
- The Changing Health Care Environment
- Tackling Prohibited Employment
- What to Do About Cybersecurity
- Pharmacy Benefits
- Payroll Audits and Delinquencies
- Handling the Opioid Epidemic
- The Challenges of Withdrawal Liability
- Mental HealthRunning Effective Trust Fund Meetings
- Ancillary Benefits Options
- Advice on How to Handle Your DOL/IRS Audits
- Effective Trust Fund Administration
- Guided Open Forum—Trustees
- Guided Open Forum—Administrators
- Changes in Retiree Health
- What to Expect From Your Investment
- Consultants and Managers
- The Trustee-Administrator Relationship
- Auditing the Auditor
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts about the current state of affairs and latest reform initiatives—Be prepared for what lies ahead.
- Network with peers who face similar challenges—Learn from their mistakes, benchmark your performance and gather workable ideas and solutions to implement.
- Bring home helpful resource materials to share with colleagues, from sample documents to checklists and case studies—The value of your attendance will continue long after you've left the program.
Who should attend
This Institute is designed for experienced multiemployer trustees, those who have attended the New Trustees Institute and those who have served as a trustee for more than two years, as well as salaried and contract administrators of all experience levels.