University of Salford, Manchester
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
You will benefit from attending Advanced Strategic Thinking if you are moving into a significant leadership position and facing the challenge of developing executing strategies in complex environments.
This strategic thinking course has been designed for mid-to-senior executives and managers who are responsible for strategic planning, general management, or acquisitions. Managers of marketing, operations or other functional areas who aspire to take on strategy-focused responsibilities will also benefit from the course.
About the course
In an increasingly uncertain business world, why do some organisations fail while others succeed? Creating a strategy that’s right for your business is essential to stay ahead of the competition. Our Advanced Strategic Thinking course will give you the knowledge and skills to plan and implement a business strategy that suits the skills and culture of your organisation.
Learn how to develop a business model, make informed choices and manage unexpected changes. Benefit from the latest strategic theory and leave with a decisive plan of action for the future of your business.
By attending the Advanced Strategic Thinking course you’ll be sure to achieve a tangible business impact. As a delegate, you are encouraged to bring a strategic challenge your organisation is currently facing to the programme.
Through a blend of contemporary theory, strategic analysis, peer-to-peer discussions, case analysis and practical application, you will apply your new skills to this challenge and leave with an action plan for change.
The content of this strategic thinking skills course is as follows:
- Strategic positioning
- Industry structure and analysis
- Strategic capabilities
- Business model development
- Value creation
- Organisational culture and strategy
- Strategic choices
- International strategy
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Mergers, acquisitions and alliances
- Strategy implementation
- Managing change
- Introduction and Strategic Perspectives
- Action Learning Groups/Your Strategic Challenge
- Eileen Roddy (Associate Dean International)
- Strategic Fundamentals
- Strategic Analysis
- Strategic Choice
- Business Models and Close
- The Customer Insight Process
- Key Steps in the Business Model Process
- Developing your Customer Value Proposition
- Producing your pitch and Close
On completion of Advanced Strategic Thinking you’ll benefit from the following skills:
- How to develop organisational strategies to create competitive advantage and value creation
- How to engage in business model innovation
- How to navigate the dynamics of increasingly unpredictable value chains
- Ability to understand the ways in which the environment impacts organisations and have an awareness of the various external environmental factors that influence strategy
- Ability to understand the impact of organisational resources and capabilities on strategy and organisational success
- Learn how to avoid strategic mistakes
An enthusiastic, commercially orientated professional, dedicated to the concept of life-long learning and continuing academic and professional development in the global market place. A strong and successful proponent of partnership through mutually beneficial engagement and resource leverage, by...