Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Texas LBJ School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This session builds upon the fundamental course in purchasing law. This course reviews requirements or obligations under UCC Sales Contracts, including performance obligations of the buyer and seller and remedies for breach of contract. Also covered are statutes relating to Government Regulation of the Purchasing Function including an overview of Intellectual Property (trade secrets, patents, copyrights), Federal Statutes affecting purchasing (Sherman Antitrust Act, FTC Act, Robinson-Patman Act, Bankruptcy), and a brief review of federal Environmental Laws which may affect purchasing decisions. In addition, there are several types of dispute resolution processes, which are briefly discussed: litigation, mediation, and arbitration. Since manufacturers and sellers may also find themselves embroiled in product liability lawsuits, the basics of this cause of action are discussed with tips for purchasing professionals to minimize the risk of liability.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the requirements or obligations under UCC Sales Contracts;
- List the performance obligations of the buyer and seller and the remedies for breach of contract;
- Recognize various types of dispute resolution processes;
- List federal environmental laws which may affect purchasing decisions;
- Summarize various federal statutes relating to purchasing functions; and,
- Identify tips for purchasing professionals to minimize the risks to their organization when involved with product liability lawsuits.
Who should attend
This program is targeted towards individuals involved in purchasing/procurement activities who desire a more in-depth understanding of purchasing law.
Trust the experts
Martha Agee has been a practicing attorney since 1988 and currently teaches business law in the graduate and undergraduates program at the Baylor University Hankamer School of Business. She primarily teaches the Legal Environment of Business course in the undergraduate program, and the Law of Hea...