This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The aim of this course is to introduce the concepts, techniques and practice of engineering works and project management. This course is designed to suit the needs of engineers, architects, facilities management practitioners, real estate and property owners/developers, to appreciate the realm of engineering knowledge concerning time, cost, quality and safety in the deliverables, which will include such topics as organisation planning, staffing, roles of managers, planning and scheduling, client brief, scope statement, works management strategy, project and product life cycle, resource planning, outsourcing, risk management, partnering and managing international and inter-organisational installations and others.
- Understand the broad implications of engineering works and organisational contribution that engineers should make
- Consider the integration management of technical cum engineering functions and managerial/organisational/business functions
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of engineers in contributing to the organisation effectives and competitiveness
- Outline the works management skills that engineering managers must have towards the successful completion of works/projects at hand
- What are works and installations of significantly large scale and complex?
- Works charter and scope statement
- Creating work breakdown structure
- Time, cost planning and scheduling
- Risk management
- Developing effective site management team supported by HQ professionals, partnering & alignment of organisation and project culture
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Measuring and monitoring the performance
- Managing inter-organisational and international works and installations
- Performance management via evaluation and controls, as well as closing out
Who should attend
Project Managers and Engineers
Trust the experts
Kok Hin earned his 1st Class Honours Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Monash University, Australia under the Public Service Commission scholarship. He obtained Post graduate Diplomas in Business Studies and Business Administration from UK, and also graduated with a Master of Enginee...