Advanced Presentation Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UQ Business School.Full disclaimer.
“Presentation literacy is a core skill for the 21st century”, Chris Anderson – CEO of TED Talks.
The ability to make an impact is no longer an optional skill for leaders. The need to inform with clarity, to motivate, and to inspire action permeates every aspect of a leader’s world. Whether you are presenting a business case, interviewing for a promotion, selling a product, or delivering a keynote address, presenting with confidence and impact is a core skill and will benefit you both personally and professionally.
Advanced Presentation Skills is a one-day course, designed to teach you the skill of presenting, not just the knowledge behind it. Knowing what to say and how to present are essential, but only by understanding the skill of delivery will you have the greatest impact.
The course combines leading theory, coaching, and acting elements to create an in-depth learning experience. Each skill you learn will be demonstrated and explained, and then you will have the chance to practice the skill yourself. While active and engaging, you will not be required to improvise or role-play during the course. Instead, the focus is on developing planning tools and tactics, and locking in presentation "muscle memory" for practical scenarios you encounter in your organisation.
What you will learn
- Replacing any fear of public speaking with excitement
- Developing powerful scripts and compelling stories
- Developing your 'elevator speech' and value proposition
- Using voice variation and projection techniques
- Adding essential interest and variety, regardless of the level of technical content, into your presentation
- Handling Q&A sessions and convert obstacles into opportunities
- Adjusting for different audiences
- Planning for audience interactivity
- Developing specialist presentations for strategy and vision
- Improving your use of PowerPoint, and be aware of common tips and traps
Who should attend
Advanced Presentation Skills is designed for anyone who aspires to making better presentations, anyone whose role increasingly requires them to make better presentations, and anyone whose performance reviews have identified a need to improve presenting skills. The only prerequisite is that you are planning for upcoming presentations. Everyone, from a newly appointed executive through to an experienced presenter will gain an extra performance edge from this course – an edge that others will notice.