Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Seasoned negotiators constantly seek to build an arena of exploration and discovery before advancing the dialogue to enlarge the pie of possible outcomes. Creating viable options that are appealing to both parties though logical requires a patience process of consultative dialogue.Learn the tips to overcome common tactics with street smart countermeasures and prepare the process of negotiation strategically so that the atmosphere stays neutral and amicable. Identify how concessions when administered well can move any deadlock forward. While tricks and tactics are commonly used by parties, the ultimate intent to achieve a resolution that is principled and mutually acceptable to both sides.
Benefits to You
Participants will learn to be intentional in their thinking approach and structured in seeking dialogue to achieve better decisions and options during any negotiation process. Through leveraging a conversation tactfully and balancing between pitching and probing, trust can be established especially when negotiating in unfavorable conditions. This minimizes errors in giving in or giving up too rapid and increases the probability of a generating a mutually acceptable outcome for all parties.
- • Understand key factors in the preparation dialogue of a negotiation goal
- • Identify critical phases in a negotiation journey before bargaining
- Address challenging and unreasonable behaviors or tactics
- Diplomatically use probing skills to uncover hidden agendas
- Anticipate possible outcomes and respond appropriately
- Identify conflict techniques to strengthen decision making options
- Reviewing the Harvard 7 Element model
- Introducing the LOUDEST negotiation engagement model
- Applying the reframing and qualifying response with a NO response
- Establishing options and interests between parties and understanding perspectives
- Influencing techniques to change views
- Proposals and persuasion skills in negotiation
- Dynamics when negotiating in teams
- Conflict and how to handle it
- Identifying and presenting the options for exchange
- Learning the exchange process
- Completing the negotiation
Who should attend
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Trust the experts
Regina Chua is a corporate client engagement consultant with extensive experience in the regional marketing and business development in Asia Pacific primarily in Singapore, China and India. After a successful 15-year career with Fortune 500 corporations, she founded Discipline Dynamics, a boutiqu...