Advanced Medical Staff Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Association for Physician Leadership.Full disclaimer.
The health care industry’s shift of focus from sickness to health and the rapid change of business and care models from fee-for-service to risk-based capitation makes it necessary for the organized medical staff to adapt quickly. The traditional model of self-governance and autonomy will need to be replaced by integration, unification and alignment. Physicians who can lead management and governing bodies with the ultimate goal to improve the health of defined populations through the use of cost-effective evidence-based practices are needed. This model requires a different kind of leadership, organizational structure and processes to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Explore the external economic and quality mandate for rapid change.
- Discuss best practices in organizational and medical staff redesign components.
- Use strategic medical staff development as a key organizational imperative and engage in tighter scrutiny to avoid potential negligence with credentialing and privileging.
- Link the organization’s strategic plan to the organized medical staff and use physician integration and alignment as a foundation for performance management.
- Transition peer review from quality assurance to strategic performance improvement and discuss how to manage the problematic few.
- Compare what top performing medical staffs do and don’t do.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.