Advanced Management Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Foundations for Advanced Managerial Decision Making
This fast-paced five-day course provides an integrated understanding of business: financial management, operations, performance management, marketing and strategy. The objective is to give you a holistic view of decision making in business and an advanced perspective on managing increasingly complex organizations.
You will learn from award-winning faculty from the UBC Sauder School of Business, who will challenge you to stretch beyond your current horizons. You will also expand your capabilities in a variety of business functions by engaging in applied, skill-building exercises.
- Appreciate the interrelationships between multiple functional areas
- Acquire new insights and perspectives, for a more sophisticated view of business complexities
- Deepen your understanding of analytical processes
- Improve the quality of your business decisions
- Evaluate business challenges and opportunities
- Cultivate a high-level strategic approach to business management
- Increase your skill set in a variety of areas
- Deliver value to your organization on many levels
- Learn from award-winning UBC Sauder School of Business MBA faculty
- Integrating your perspective on business
- Financial accounting: overview of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements
- Operations: overview of operations management, managing business process flows and supply chains, increasing efficiency and lowering costs, resource management
- Performance management: best practices, connecting performance goals to competitive strategy, measuring performance, managing performance problems, the influence of compensation on performance
- Marketing: analyzing external and internal environments, segmenting customers, building value propositions and centering your market position, using the marketing mix
- Strategy: analyzing external forces that shape the marketplace, identifying your organization's true competitive advantage, aligning functional disciplines with corporate strategy
- Integration: putting it all together through action-learning exercises
Who should attend
Directors, General Managers and senior organizational leaders who want to increase their knowledge in order to critically analyze business opportunities and challenges.