Who should attend
The target participants include:
- overseas branch directors and expatriate executives from Chinese companies;
- executives of the overseas enterprises acquired or invested by Chinese companies;
- local company executives who partner with Chinese companies or expect to learn more about the Chinese economy or market.
About the course
The Chinese economy is playing an increasingly significant role in the global economy. In response to the wave of economic globalization and the Belt and Road Initiative, Chinese companies are expanding their global reach at an unprecedented pace. How to gain insights into the global economic landscape and the role of the Chinese economy? How to deal with the irresistible trends for the digital and smart economy in China and the world at large? How to promote cross-cultural organizational and leadership development? Both the executives of the Chinese companies that are going global and their global partners need to keep their mind open.
This programme aims to teach participants how to think strategically and provide them with a systematic theoretical framework and a set of practical management tools so that they can profoundly understand business management practice and confidently take on challenges. In particular, the programme will help participants strengthen their cross-cultural leadership capabilities by offering them an opportunity to gain insights into the major drivers behind China’s economic growth, the ever-changing Chinese business environment, and the corporate culture and values of Chinese companies.
Participants, who have completed this programme, will be able to:
- Systematically pick up the managerial expertise required for general managers, including leadership, strategic thinking, managerial decision-making, mergers and acquisitions, marketing, and innovation;
- Understand cutting-edge and practical management models and establish their own theoretical framework to develop effective strategic thinking;
- Gain insights into the special role of general managers to deal with superiors and subordinates and internal and external stakeholders more effectively;
- Understand China’s economic landscape and ever-changing business environment to identify potential business opportunities;
- Gain insights into Chinese companies’ strategic thinking and culture against the background of globalization to promote internal synergy;
- Join the CEIBS Alumni Association with a global network of over 20,000 alumni.
Module I: Insights into China and the World at Large in the Context of Globalization: Macroeconomic Trends and Company Strategy
- Global Economy and Role of the Chinese Economy
- China’s Macroeconomic Trends and Policy in the New Era
- China’s National Strategy for Globalization and Corporate Globalization
- Company Strategy in Light of External and Internal Environment
- Developing Strategic Thinking and Strategic Leadership
Module II: Improving Financial Planning and Risk Control: Company Finance, Investment and M&A
- Interpreting Financial Statements: Managerial Accounting for Non-Financial Executives
- Capital Market, Investment Decisions, and Financial Reports
- Corporate Internal Control and Risk Management
- Chinese Companies’ Overseas M&A: Opportunities and Risk Control
Module III: Links to Digital Technology and Smart Business: New Marketing, and Corporate Innovation and Transformation
- Developing Innovative Thinking and Marshaling Resources for Innovation
- Companies’ Digital and Smart Transformation
- Identifying Opportunities: Digital and Smart Technologies in China
- Framework for Marketing Strategy and Latest Developments
- Digital Marketing: O2O, Ecosystem Establishment, and Content and Community Marketing
Module IV: Building a Competitive Organization: Leadership and Organizational Development
- Leadership in the Ever-Changing Times
- Leaders’ Thinking and Leadership skills
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Globalized Enterprises’ Cross-Cultural Organizational Development: Core Values, Institutional Planning, and Talent Development
BA MPhil (London), MBA (City), DBA (Harvard) Dr David Arnold’s research focuses on global versus local marketing; marketing strategy; innovation and market evolution; brand management; and global customer management. He has been a strong advocate of local marketing by global corporations. His wr...
Dr. Bala Ramasamy is Professor of Economics and Associate Dean at CEIBS. Before joining CEIBS, Dr. Ramasamy was Professor of International Economics and Business and acting Director of Nottingham University Business School at the University of Nottingham in Malaysia. Previously, Dr. Ramasamy was ...
Dr. Kalun Tse has been Professor of Finance at CEIBS since 1987 (at CEIBS predecessor CEMI). He was previously Associate Dean and Member of the Academic Council of CEIBS. He is also Professor of Finance at Nyenrode University in The Netherlands. He serves as a Visiting Professor at the Free Unive...
Dr. Hua Zhang is Associate Professor of Finance at CEIBS. Dr. Zhang received his Ph.D. in Economics from the School of Economics, University of Hong Kong. He holds M.A. and B.A. degrees from Fudan University, both in economics. Dr. Zhang''s current research interests are corporate finance, corpo...
Dr. Yuan Ding is Vice President and Dean, Cathay Capital Chair Professor in Accounting at CEIBS. Prior to joining CEIBS, he was a tenured faculty member of HEC School of Management, Paris, France. He is member of European Accounting Association, French Accounting Association and American Accounti...
Dr. Zhang Yu is Associate Professor of Strategy at CEIBS. Dr. Zhang received his PhD in Management from INSEAD. Prior to joining CEIBS, he was Assistant Professor of Strategy at the Paul Merage School of Business, UC Irvine. His teaching interests include Strategic Management, Industry and Compet...
S. Ramakrishna (Rama) Velamuri is Professor of Entrepreneurship and Chengwei Ventures Chair in Entrepreneurship at the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS). He previously taught for four years at the IESE Business School. He has carried out assignments in the area of entrepreneurshi...
Professor Xin, a native of the Chinese mainland, has extensive teaching, research and consulting experience in universities and multinational companies around the world. Katherine Xin is Professor of Management, Bayer Chair in Leadership, Associate Dean (Europe) and Co-Director of the Centre fo...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.