Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Henley Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A general management programme with a difference
The Henley AMP is a comprehensive general management process for senior executives. The core of the programme, two 5-day residential modules at Henley Business School, combine strategic management insights from business school research with workshops on leadership behaviours.
The difference is the emphasis we place on real-world application, immediate impact and long-term behavioural change. Make your Henley AMP your own with:
- 1:1 coaching
- Psychometric profiling
- Electives - choose the management topics you want to focus on
- A 'learning partner' at your organisation to support long-term transformation and impact
- Content tailored by faculty to complement each participant group
- Company field visit – organisation analysis and consulting skills used in real-time
For those moving to more senior or general management roles, the Henley AMP will accelerate the transition from outstanding potential to outstanding leadership.
The AMP Journey
Pre-programme tasks: Personalise your AMP
- 360 and psychometric analysis
- Select your elective sessions
- Establish your learning contract: Between yourself, the Programme Director, a nominated learning partner in your organisation, and a designated Henley coach (linking the learning experience with your objectives, as well as the objectives of your organisation)
- Access the virtual learning portal: Complete pre-work, connect with faculty and participants, and access books, journals and other resources.
During the AMP: Developing general management knowledge and exploring leadership behaviours
- Areas of focus include; strategy for complex times, advanced management dilemmas, leading change, organisational systems and dynamics, mapping strategic capability, organisational culture and performance, power and politics, resilience and well-being
- Delivered by Henley faculty and business professionals; an experienced team with a diverse skill-set
- Small action learning groups investigate, diagnose and discuss real world business issues
- 1:1 coaching and support from your organisation learning partner between modules
- Continued access to the virtual learning portal to engage with the programme between modules.
Post-programme: Continued development and impact
- Return to your role with new skills, ideas and a new approach to lead more effectively
- Support from your organisation learning partner, the Programme Director, and through 1:1 coaching
- Access resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Become a part of the vibrant Henley Business School Alumni network.
- Develop the technical knowledge needed (complemented by leadership soft skills) to successfully take on a general management or board-level role
- Position yourself to manage complexity: Greater self-awareness and resilience will help you effectively diagnose and manage unpredictable challenges whilst maintaining a steer on the positive changes you can make for the future of yourself and your team
- Innovation and vision: Consider new ideas, opinions and strategies, and leave with a fresh perspective on your business challenges
- Extended professional development: Online access to academic and business resources for 12 months after the completion of your AMP programme.
For your organisation
- Motivated, effective, informed and innovative leaders who will drive the business forward
- Insights into the latest thinking on strategic business topics
- Confidence in the readiness of the leadership talent pipeline
- The design of the Henley AMP deliberately includes collaboration between Henley, the participant and their organisation (for e.g. via company sponsor/learning partner). This collaboration ensures maximum return on the programme investment for the individual and organisation.
Who should attend
- Ambitious senior-level leaders, such as directors or heads of department, from any sector who wish to assume greater responsibility (around strategic direction, or managing change, larger teams or budgets) and drive their organisation’s success.
- Those already in a general management role looking to explore their leadership style and behaviours, expand their network and knowledge, and develop their management capability.
Trust the experts
Margaret De Lattre
Margaret de Lattre is a Business Development Adjunct at Ashridge. Her main interest is in the dynamic of organisation culture, corporate branding and leadership behaviour to drive strategy and organisation performance. She tutors sessions on change management and leadership, organisation culture ...
Professor Andrew Kakabadse joined Henley Business School in July 2013 after 30 years at Cranfield School of Management, where he finished as Professor of International Management Development and was awarded the honour of Emeritus Professor. Andrew has consulted and lectured in the UK, Europe, ...
Narendra Laljani is a management educator, consultant, and CEO coach who specialises in strategic thinking, innovation, execution, the challenges of building market-focused organisations, and leader development. Narendra has undertaken management development projects for a diverse range of client...
Claire's commercial background is in marketing and innovation. Her marketing experience focussed primarily in the retail sector, where product and brand differentiation are key to success. She worked for Marks and Spencer, Masterfoods, the Arcadia Group and eventually BAA, where she was the group...
Elizabeth works across Henley Business School in the areas of Managing People and International HRM. She teaches on MBA and Corporate programmes at Greenlands Campus as well as on Masters programmes at the University's Whiteknights Campus. She is a member of the British Academy of Management's Sp...
Simon Lancaster is one of the world’s top speechwriters. He first became a speechwriter in the late 1990s writing for members of Tony Blair’s Cabinet. He has since written speeches for the CEOs of many of the biggest companies in the world including Unilever, HSBC, Intercontinental Hotels, Rio Ti...
Professor Patricia Riddell is a chartered psychologist who teaches and researches neuroscience at the University of Reading. She was awarded her BSc from the University of Glasgow, and an MSc from Imperial College, before receiving a doctorate in Physiological Sciences from Oxford University. Pat...
Advanced Management Practice