Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, technicians, operators, regulators, managers and anyone dealing with industrial wastes. Attendees are requested to bring questions, information and challenges and be prepared to discuss their specific goals and problems.
About the course
This course deals with advanced wastewater treatment and water reuse.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply and obtain an advanced knowledge on industrial wastewater
- Understand and apply principles of waste treatment which will conserve wastewater and produce a high quality water which is enable to reuse
- Discuss the type of wastewater plant, limits and problems as well as water budget and water use profile
- Collect accurate data and apply flow measurement and chemical test
- Recognize the modeling of wastewater treatment process and the industrial processes
- Determine and interpret the modeling data and application in plants
- What type of wastewater plant do you have now? What are its limits and problems?
- What is your water budget & water use profile? Does that include Rainwater?
- What Contaminants are in the wastewater?
- What do you want to do with your wastewater? Can you reuse it?
- Collecting Accurate Data, flow measurement, chemical tests and accuracy
- Reuse? If so and how?
- Industrial Water Quality Requirements and uses
- What is advanced wastewater treatment? Overview on how it is achieved
- Plant types and flow patterns
- Which one is best for you?
- Conversion between types of wastewater processes?
- Using the microscope and the lab data to fine tune your operations
- In Plant controls and modifications
- Additions to the basic WWT Processes
- Tertiary Clarification
- Chemical Treatment
- Tertiary Filtration
- Chemical Addition for N&P Removals
- In Plant and natural Modifications for N&P removals
- Membrane Processes
- Other water quality aspects
- Removal of specific industrial compounds
- Oil Removals
- Chemical Precipitation
- Chemical Softening
- Disinfection and its mechanisms
- Ion Exchange
- Carbon Adsorption and Activated Alumina Treatment
- Data Requirements for plant modeling
- Modeling the wastewater treatment process and the industrial processes
- Process Models
- Other component models
- Introduction to modeling for your processes
- Free vs. paid models; Static and Dynamic Models
- Selecting the right models for your applications
- Data Requirements
- Results and output
- How to model your plant for improvements and new designs
- Adjusting the models
- Interpreting the modeling data
- Applying the model data to your plant
- Pilot plants for verification
- Student Exercises
- Post Test
- Presentation of Certificates
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.