Advanced Leadership Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Antwerp Management School.Full disclaimer.
About the program
In the current economic climate, lots of organizations are facing big challenges. They have a need for strong managers to turn these challenges into sustainable successes. Managers play a key role: they catalyze strategy and renewal from their key position.
The Advanced Leadership Program wants to help managers in key positions to be stronger and more authentic in their assignment and to handle organizational complexity and turbulence in a more proactive way.
Moreover, throughout the course you will receive guidance by a coach in the language of your preference.
How to develop effective leadership skills?
After attending this program:
- you have gained new insights in all aspects of leadership;
- you have better awareness of your own position and assignment within your organization;
- you look at the strategy and changes of your organization in a personal and holistic way and you will be able to help realize that strategy better;
- you can handle the complexity of your organization in a proactive way;
- you gain a powerful set of skills and tools to further activate your network and manage your stakeholders;
- you understand the growing importance of your trust and political abilities;
- your entrepreneurship and problem-solving skills have been fortified.
- Managers choose this program because they want to increase their impact and influence in their environment. They send out people from different roles and report to different people. They work in a complex and demanding environment.
- Organizations choose this program because they want their managers to be stronger in key positions. They are surrounded by change and need to adapt to the complexity of their environment. They stimulate middle management to increase ownership of their strategy and renewal of the organization.
- The power of the program is the unique and peculiar combination of academic concepts (evidence-based), training, group work and self-reflection.
- Top faculty in strategy, change and leadership provide you with the most recent scientific insights.
- Solid anchoring of the program through the optional post-project (NEW!)
- The Advanced Leadership Program is not only a course. It is a collective of organizations who want to monitor their effectiveness and quality. It is also a community of alumni who want to carry on the leadership sprit.
This leadership program is a learning trajectory: it strongly bets on learning and developing to face the challenges of tomorrow. The balanced mix of scientific insights, experience assignments and skills training challenges thinking, doing and feeling.
The 8-day program is spread out over 7 months and consists of 3 modules:
- The first module is aimed at “looking inwards”, focusing on the personal growth of the participant.
- The second module departs from the strategy of the organization and invites participants to “look outwards”. Themes like innovation and entrepreneurship will be examined in-depth.
- In the third module we work on the importance of political skills and social capital. We learn how to apply this even better within our organization. This module also pays special attention to trust, because it’s much needed to anchor changes within organizations.
- During the Lift-off day you will be challenged to put down your own leadership claim in a creative way.
- After completion of the program, we give you the option to take up a post project.
Apart from above-mentioned days, it is recommended to anticipate half a day to prepare the modules for every two days of class.
Who should attend
You have people and/or project management skills through education or experience and have at least 10 years of experience in a middle management function.