Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This programme will be a meaningful learning journey for these leaders and managers:
- Those who have built careers in traditional leadership positions through leading business units and/or functions
- Those with expertise and/or some experience in digital roles currently who find themselves increasingly tasked to provide strategic leadership to the wider organisation
- Those who are currently tasked to lead functional or enterprise level digital transformation projects
About the course
The pace, depth and breadth at which digital transformation is taking place throughout the entire value chain has affected every organisation in deeply disruptive ways. We understand that digitalisation is a subject that currently occupies a significant mindshare of senior leaders across sectors and geographies.
Set the Pace in Building a Digitally Focused Organisation poised for Success in an Evolving Digital Economy
Digitalisation, technological advancements, changing competitive environments consumer behaviours and habits, have all had a disruptive impact across industries and organisations. Across the globe, senior executives are grappling with this digital tsunami and its many implications for their own organisation structures, business strategies, culture and talent. Leaders today strive to transform and be ahead of the digital curve as they chart the future, purpose and strategy, and transform ways of working.
What kind of leaders do you need to drive change, growth and competitive edge into the future for your organisation in this digital age? According to the research* we conducted, we found an almost universal agreement “that digitalisation was the new normal and it was here to stay - organisations across the board, regardless of their size and/or nature of business, needed to embrace it fully and fast, in order to survive, stay relevant and competitive, and provide greater value to their clients and stakeholders, in the future.”
Join us on this virtual leadership development journey that is specially curated with impactful content designed to help senior executives lead their organisations towards being future-ready for our digital world. The capsule edition of Advanced Leadership in an Age of Digital Disruption is a 3-day virtual programme, delivered completely online through live sessions with our highly-rated faculty and industry experts, and fully supported by SMU’s online learning platform.
Thinking Strategically and Boldly in this Digitally Disrupted World by exploring effective strategic responses these critical issues:
- How disruptive has Digitalisation been for your industry and beyond?
- How do we identify the Disruptors in my space?
- Do you know what Business your organisation is really in today?
- Which Ecosystem should my Business build or be a part of?
- How do I Redefine my Value Proposition and Value Chain?
Being A Digital Organisation at the Core
- What does the Future of Work look like and how does it Impact your Organisation?
- What are the Cultural Barriers that stand in the way of your Digitalisation efforts?
- What are the Leadership Traits most pertinent to Thriving in Disruption?
- How should Corporate Culture align with the Strategy and new Value Proposition?
- How should Leaders handle the Agility-Stability Culture struggle?
Executing Digitalisation with Results
- What are the Leader’s key roles in Digital Transformation efforts?
- How can Digitalisation be Implemented throughout the Organisation?
- Examining Successful Execution through the entire Value Chain
- How do we Build or be part of a Digital Ecosystem?
- Keys to building Partnerships and Networks
Dr. Les Buckley is currently an affiliate professor of strategic management with Singapore Management University, a role focused on executive development and training (since January 2015). He is academic director of an IE Singapore sponsored SMU course on Business Effectiveness in Asia, and has...
Education 2006 Master of Arts University of Cambridge 1983 Doctorate in Management University of Ghent, Belgium Current appointments 2019 - University Professor Singapore Management University 2010 - 2018 President and Professor of Operations Management Singapore Management University 2...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.