Who should attend
- Senior HR managers with functional responsibility for strategic parts of the HR function such as Talent or Organisational Development
- It would also benefit Senior Business Managers in General Management or going into it and wishing to know how to turn an organizations Human Capital into a source of competitive advantage.
About the course
For a long time HR struggled to get a seat in the boardroom of organisations. Today, the question is "What does HR bring into the room and what should HR bring"? Related to these are questions around how HR could more effectively demonstrate the huge value it makes and can make to deliver today's result and perpetually in a rapidly changing world. The climate within the organisation is a major source of performance erosion and winning this strategic internal war is as crucial as winning the external competitive battles.
By understanding how to ensure internal translation and expression of their brand positioning so that there is an alignment between the culture within and their desired external perception of their brands, participants are prepared to better leverage the dynamic variables in the war, so that investments in Human Capital effectively complements the other crucial external competitive battles in the area of Brand Management, Marketing and Sales, supply chain and cost optimisation.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
The programme will strengthen demonstrate the personal and functional attributes and competencies of effective HR functions and HR practitioners. Participants will strengthen their capacity to:
- Develop and use strategic lenses to see the rapidly changing Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal (PESTEL) contexts of their business
- Develop and leverage a People Leadership Brand that ensure an internal translation and expression of their brand positioning in their culture and values
- Use the insight from PESTEL scanning to inform strategic choices for resourcing the business, developing people and grow leaders.
- Conduct People Impact Assessments for changes, innovations and initiatives that the organization wishes to embark upon for all major business development decisions.
- Be credible and trusted custodians of the organisational climate, values and culture and provide demonstrably valuable support to make their business partners successful. That way HR support is gets to be sought and invited by business partners not imposed or at best accepted grudgingly.
- Ensure that HR Systems and Processes are aligned to rapidly changing technology and innovation so that they remain cost effective, efficient and intuitive to evolving business and demographic needs
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Dr Oparison is a senior fellow at Lagos Business School with over 25 years’ management and leadership experience in blue-chip multinational companies. Oparison obtained his master’s degree and Doctorate in Business Policy and Organisational Development from the University of Wales, Cardiff. He w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.