Who should attend
Experienced Federal grants and pass-through personnel responsible for monitoring financial and programmatic aspects of awards. Those who have completed the GMCP™ or require advanced training would benefit from this workshop.
About the course
As a grants professional, you’re constantly collecting and reviewing reports — but what happens next? You will practice implementing a Federal grant monitoring plan while weighing constantly changing information about program data, risks, resources, and requirements. Then you will use monitoring results to evaluate, report, and improve your advanced monitoring practices at the award and programmatic levels. This includes how and when to put technical assistance and corrective action plans into place
- Assess programmatic compliance, risk and appropriate controls, and sufficiency of an annual program monitoring plan
- Adjust monitoring efforts throughout plan implementation as information becomes available
- Use annual monitoring results to revise and update monitoring plans for the following year
- Assessing Programmatic Compliance
- Assessing Internal Controls (COSO Compliance)
- Assessing Completeness
- Monitoring Plan Analysis and Feedback (Capstone)
Implementing and Evaluating Monitoring Plans
- Adjusting throughout Implementation
- Determining Need for Technical Assistance or Sanctions/Enforcement
- Responding to Funder Scrutiny
Improving Monitoring Plans
- Completing the Monitoring Cycle
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.