Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Google Analytics is becoming one of the marketers’ key tools in data driven marketing. This course is designed to go beyond the day to day reporting and aims to build a powerful set of skills around customer insights through Google Analytics and Universal Analytics. It follows on from our Google Analytics introductory course or your own broad experience of Google Analytics web measurement.
- Determine which configuration of Google Analytics is set up, what it will do and see if it needs upgrading.
- Build customised reports to improve insights for your teams.
- Learn how to use advanced filters, know when to apply them and combine these filters with profiles to get greater understanding of your website usage.
- A deeper understanding of tracking specific goals and events for brand awareness, e-commerce, lead generation, publishers and customer support.
- Learn how to find and match anything with regular expressions in Google Analytics.
- Advanced set up with cross-domain tracking and subdomains.
- Discover custom variables, learn what they are and see how to apply them using specific examples.
- Define organic search performance to show what your SEO is really doing.
- Reveal how your social channels are working for you by influence, source, interactions and goals.
- Understand Google Analytics data sampling, what it is and the best practices to use to reduce sampling.
- Multi-channel funnels and attribution across first, last and assisted clicks.
- Plan for Google Universal Analytics and the inclusion of Bing and Facebook advertising data, call tracking and CRM integration.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at analysts and analytical marketing people who put their website at the heart of their business. You will be looking for a greater understanding of how to ensure your tracking is set up correctly and it will help you to set up advanced reports and concepts for brand awareness, e-commerce and lead generation.
You will already be confidently using Google Analytics on a regular (weekly at least) basis for reporting and analysis or you will have attended our introductory Google Analytics course. To get the full benefit of the course, Administrator access to your Google Analytics account is preferred to fully participate in the course.
Trust the experts
Graham Hansell has over 18 years’ experience in digital marketing, originally working for the UK's first web directory and then as founder and owner of the UK's first website optimisation company. Graham is very experienced in planning and executing everything from short burst web campaigns throu...