Advanced Family and Medical Leave act Regional Workshops
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UNC School of Government.Full disclaimer.
The Advanced FMLA Regional Workshop is an intensive, two-day program taking an in-depth look at Family Medical Leave Act issues of particular concern to local government and community college employers. This class is not an introduction to the FMLA. You must have taken Introduction to Public Employment Law or have five years of FMLA experience to register. Each workshop is limited to 45 participants. Only one person per jurisdiction can register.
- the meaning of “serious health condition”
- certifications and second opinions,
- how to manage intermittent leave and reduced leave schedules
- fit-for-duty tests, employer 100%-healed policies and light duty
- employer absence and absence-reporting policies,
- consequences of failing to provide notice of FMLA leave
- how to investigate and resolve FMLA fraud and abuse.
The class will meet from 1:00-5:00pm on the first day and from 9:00am–1:00pm on the second day.
Who should attend
You must have taken Introduction to Public Employment Law or have five years of FMLA experience to register. This class is not an introduction to the FMLA.