Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for executives and business leaders with responsibility for meeting performance targets, including: Executive Management & Board Members, Vice-Presidents & Directors, Senior Managers & Divisional Managers in public or private companies, or public-sector entities…from diverse business areas such as: Risk Management, Corporate Planning & Business Development, Finance, Accounting or Audit, Public Sector Program Administration, Business Operations, Marketing, Sales & Product Development, Systems, Technology & Project Management.
About the course
Risk Culture, Reporting & Advanced Topics – Taking it to the Next Level
Know the critical importance of risk culture and how to assess it. Learn advanced techniques to keep up with rapid change and emerging risks, and effectively report your risk profile and the ongoing state of risk management in your organization.
The Advanced Risk Practices module emphasizes the importance of culture as a critical success factor for effective risk management. Participants will learn to address rapid change and emerging risks and how to effectively profile risks and report to key stakeholders, including senior management and the board. You will be encouraged to share experiences and best practices through case studies from leading organizations and presentations from guest speakers.
- Learn how to identify the key hallmarks of a strong risk culture and the “red flags” associated with potential deficiencies in your organization’s risk culture
- Learn to customize your approach to ERM to suit your business context, organization, culture and environment
- Understand the psychology of risk and the impact of cognitive biases with consideration of approaches to mitigate
- Refine your risk profiling and enhance reporting to key stakeholders on risk and the ongoing state of risk management in your organization or area of responsibility
- Hear of trends and development in enterprise risk management and consider the future of ERM and what it means for you and your organization
Carmen Rossiter is Program Director for the Centre for Governance, Risk Management & Control at the Schulich Executive Education Centre. She leads the program supported by a faculty and guest speakers comprised of academics, professional facilitators and experienced representatives from leadi...
Rob Quail is a noted consultant, author, facilitator and lecturer on the subject of Enterprise Risk Management. Rob established the Enterprise Risk Management processes, tools and methodologies at Hydro One Networks Inc. that are widely regarded as best-practice. He has successfully applied ERM m...
Biography Michael Stramaglia, co-director of SEEC’s Centre of Excellence in Risk Management, is the president and founder of Matrisc Advisory Group Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in the provision of enterprise risk management (ERM) advisory services. He currently serves on several board...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.