Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Oxford online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals whose jobs involve decision making using any and all kinds of data,
- Chief Risk Officers
- Risk Managers
- Managers and Directors responsible for the risk management function or process
- Heads of Internal Audit
- Heads of Assurance Functions
- Senior Finance Professionals.
- People supporting management and/or working in project teams,
- Marketing specialist, Project managers,
- Business development managers.
About the course
The turmoil in the world is not only continuing, it is actually starting to go into the tailspin – with pandemic, economic turmoil, public unrest, oil prices in free fall and natural disasters of a scale thought unimaginable, volatile stock markets and ever-present uncertainty.
Some of the countries are faced with almost complete economic and social demise, and the main question is how do you steer a course through these difficult waters?
Thankfully many organizations have realized that an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach was needed and started implementing it. This has ensured that risks that were previously managed in isolation can be aggregated and prioritized across the entire business, across countries, regions, even continents.
However, stopping here is not an option, as we have to reach the full potential of the risk management to be able to avoid any new disasters.
Advanced ERM goes one step further in every way possible. Risks are evaluated based on new understanding of the risks, and efficient controls can be implemented to tackle what really matters to the enterprise. In short, the focus becomes strategic value creation and retention instead of risk avoidance.
This Oxford seminar will present the delegates with the latest developments in Enterprise Risk Management, optimal ERM architecture and available solutions, as well as with an adequate approach if the entity wishes to develop its own ERM solution.
By the end of this online training course specifically you will learn to:
- Implement or improve Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) strategy in conjunction with new risks
- Recognise adequate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) architecture for your company
- Implement ERM while complying with procedures and standards
- Learn lessons from Global risk events and the ways they were successfully mitigated
- Determine a clear risk attitude and appetite process
- Identify the key emerging risks for the entity or business process
- Link risk clearly with decision making process
- Use Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as an asset and optimization tool
Among a wide range of valuable topics the following will be prioritised:
- Understand Enterprise Risk Management requirements, standards and best practice
- Understand how to implement ERM structures, architecture and form a team
- The many and varied approaches for risk identification used in modern ERM
- The use of sophisticated techniques such as Delphi, Monte Carlo and Bayesian network analysis
- Key Risk indicators-traditional and emerging
- How to energize your staff to recognise, understand and manage risks
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in projects in volatile economic environment
- Aligning the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework with corporate performance expectations
- Analysis of enterprise risk scenarios
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at strategic level
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.