Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
HR and EEO/AA managers and professionals who want additional strategies and methods for handling complaints
About the course
This workshop provides you with the advanced skills needed to handle complex employee internal complaints and investigations. Through an intensive series of issues presented by a challenging case study from which you will further develop:
- Investigatory interview techniques
- Thorough investigation methods
- Strategies for avoiding common errors
- The necessary steps for creating and implementing solutions
Advanced techniques for handling complaints
- Interview note-taking methods
- Checklists for all stages of the process
- Anticipating potential legal issues
- Developing a sound investigative strategy
- Knowing when an investigation is complete
- Implications of creating documentation
Ensuring successful resolution
- Defining your role in the resolution process
- Creating individual or group multiple solutions
- Guidelines for developing interest-based resolutions
- Presenting resolutions persuasively
Options when resolution is not achieved
- Weighing the information and determining credibility
- Preparing a formal complaint and organizational report
Enhancing your communication skills
- Effectively phrasing what you say
- Addressing difficult situations
Mock complaint-handling practice sessions, including professional critiquing and skill pointers
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Wasserman Law is a management-side employment law firm whose practice is devoted exclusively to fostering compliance with employment laws and minimizing the risk of workplace liability. We provide practical advice and solutions to address your everyday human resource questions and problems. Our...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.